Fast Canon FD wide angle? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old November 23rd, 2005, 11:10 AM   #1
Trustee

Fast Canon FD wide angle?

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone knows about any fast Canon FD wide angles. I was making some tests with a 55mm F1.2, a 85mm f1.8...and a 28mm f2.8. The 55 and the 85 are really something to be seen! Amazing. I can mix the footage with absolutely no problem. But the 28 is a piece of junk compared to the others. I don't even know if there such a thing as a 28mm f1.8? (or a 24mm or 20mm for that matter). The 55 and the 85 are sooo darn good, I wouldn't mind shooting with them all the time, but that's just crazy. I NEED an FD wide angle! A fast one. Little help here...

rafa
Rafael Lopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2005, 07:58 PM   #2
Major Player

I have an FD 20mm f2.8-- great lens.

Here's a pretty dense list of FD lenses. Most of the wide angle lenses are between f.2 and f.4. I believe wide FD lenses with a max aperture above f.2 are either very rare or non-existent.

What are you adapting these lenses with? The P+S? An M2? Which camera? (just curious)

Last edited by Matt Irwin; November 23rd, 2005 at 09:25 PM.
Matt Irwin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods