FX1/Z1 + Letus35(A) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old December 11th, 2005, 10:12 AM   #16
Regular Crew

That does look nice -- very nice. I'm still oscillating between the Letus35a and the SG35. The main advantage of the Letus35a is the handheld/no tripod, but I'm starting to think that HDV was not meant for a lot of handheld stuff. I'm curious though -- was the speck of dust on the GG noticeable while you were filming -- cuz my fear is that I film all day and don't notice the dust until I'm in the editing room.
Robert Kirkpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2005, 11:52 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Hi Robert,

I also really like the look of the SG35. The footage has been good so far, the unit appears solid and the rods are a bonus to those wishing to use a formatt box and follow focus, and like Quyen it's great to have the maker active in the forum.

I do believe HDV is suited to a handheld run'n'gun style of filmmaking. You may find Macgregors latest test with his FX1 + G35 on another forum and the aesthetic of the image with adapter work nicely with the casual handheld style. The lack of rods is certainly a bonus in some regards, when using my 50mm or 28mm support is not necessary, but with the heavier macro things become wobbly and i worry about the health of my threads if there is alot of input from the camera operator.

There are two spots on the video I posted, one large one which is a chip on a piece of glass inside the adapter and another to the left which looks like three little specks spinning around eachother. Both of these imperfections are clearly visible on the LCD, and was simply a case of brushing the small speck off with my finger. I didnt do it while i was filming because i was afraid of even more getting in.

Hope that helps,

Anthony
Anthony Bristol is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods