Seeking feedback for two uncompressed camera systems. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old March 28th, 2006, 01:38 PM   #16
Major Player

OK, at some point I agree that indie filmmakers don't seek to spend 20K on the camera, but that is because all of the cameras that are available at this moment in that price range deliver video quality, so for any seriouse work, you still need to go for film. Now anybody that works with 35 film, will agree that spending 20k or even 50k for a camera that will replace a film is very winning offer. Because you save so much on evey job, you don't have to buy film stock, you don't need to develop it in the laboratory, you don't need to have costly telecines and so on, you have everything right there in you box to create a very nice quality films.

So my point is that none of the cameras had good enough specs for indie market to make them pay 20k for it, but once there will be something like that, I think it is going to be of interest, and yes, idie's budgets will get bigger, just because it will be an investment that will pay for it very quickly.

www.sarke.ge
----------------
Old April 6th, 2006, 11:54 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I'd likely buy one of these 35mm cams for my rental inventory if it had a PL-Mount for lenses, Anton Bauer Mount for batteries, storage medium that was rentable or cheap (either one) and the storage format would work with popular NLE's.

As for the last point, I don't believe I'd like to pay 10-20% more if you simply picked the ONE that you thought was the best - in terms of compression, compliance, etc.

In fact, I'd say release it with one, then have an upgrade program in place for those that need to pay for other formats... If you banked a few people wanting to pay for one format, you could lay out the cash to pay for the development and upgrades.

http://www.madmojo.com
Production blog.
Eric MacIver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2006, 09:44 PM   #18
DVi Contributor

It's never the camera that blows the price out of the budget (either purchasing or renting) it's the surrounding support. Can I put my current follow focus unit on it? sliding bridge plate, matte box and filters, batteries, lenses?? OR do you have to wait for third party companies to do R&D and come up with something that fits around the Mic mount, that becomes useless when that camera falls out of fashion,
Craig Chartier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2006, 08:34 AM   #19
Trustee

I want to see DOF of a 35mm sized sensor over resolution...can that be done?
Obin Olson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods