DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   Letus35A and XM2 Footage (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/56230-letus35a-xm2-footage.html)

Quinn OConnell December 17th, 2005 10:02 AM

Letus35A and XM2 Footage

Got some sun here in London so shot out and got some outdoor shots

Quicktime - H264 25mb 4min random stuff

Quinn

fault with file - will post shortly..

Dave Perry December 17th, 2005 10:14 AM

Quinn,

Very nice, probably some of the best I've seen yet. Only One shot seemed to be with a tripod though. The film look these adapters achieve is lost with hand held in my opinion.

Also, I had to use VLC to open it. I have QT 7 but it would not open in it even though you say it's H.264.

Quinn OConnell December 17th, 2005 10:43 AM

working now

link is working now.. QT or VLC thanks Dave..
Q

http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...M1JM4NJ19RJX1M

was all hend held.. all with the 135mm Fd lense i got that morning in the post

Xm2 cam settings

Iris wide open f1.8
ND used
Lense wide open @2.5
50i
standerd dv mode

Luke Brown December 17th, 2005 11:25 AM

Really nice footage. I could see the GG in a lot of the shots, also the vinngetting was pretty bad...it seems all Letus footage has this, or at least a lot of it. Is that a limitation of your setup or just user error...because that is beautiful footage otherwise.

Dave Perry December 17th, 2005 11:39 AM

I personally like the vinngetting. I usually apply a small bit of it in post any way.

Luke Brown December 17th, 2005 12:39 PM

I'm not saying the vinngetting looked bad, but of course it would be nice to not always have it present.

Dave Perry December 17th, 2005 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Brown
I'm not saying the vinngetting looked bad, but of course it would be nice to not always have it present.

I agree completely :)

Ben Winter December 17th, 2005 01:09 PM

Quote:

also the vinngetting was pretty bad...it seems all Letus footage has this, or at least a lot of it. Is that a limitation of your setup or just user error
User error...I see the edges of the ground glass before I see any vignetting on my Letus.

Wayne Kinney December 17th, 2005 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Winter
User error...I see the edges of the ground glass before I see any vignetting on my Letus.

Really depends on the camcorder used. The smaller the camcorder lens, the more it suffers from vignetting. Did you use the letus with a 58mm cam like Quinn's XM2, or bigger?

Craig Bellaire December 17th, 2005 01:23 PM

Not True

I have the Sony PDX 10 with a 37mm lens and NO vignetting... NONE.

How about use a 50mm slr lens instead of the 135 and see if you get the vignetting, it would let more light in with a wider aperture. I use a Canon 50mm 1.4 and get ZERO vignetting. With the PDX10

Anyway not sure if this helps though... Nice video...

Greg Bates December 17th, 2005 01:33 PM

I think he was not zoomed in enough was the real issue. I can see the edges of the ground glass holder.

Wayne Kinney December 17th, 2005 01:34 PM

Craig,
Yes also depends on the SLR lens used, ofcourse.

If you put a 28mm lens on your setup, you may start to see some vignetting, whereas the exact same lens/setup on a 72mm DVX100 will probably show less vignetting.

Quinn OConnell December 17th, 2005 03:09 PM

Good to hear ..

ok first up - what settings would you suggest to avoid vignetting? zooming in will help, personally i quite like that look.. kind 'lomo' ish..

Luke - what do you mean you could the GG - you mean grain - or the edges in the full frame section - could be batteries 2xAA mght not be enough..

anyway - i'll take note and shoot some more and get it up, appreciate the comments alot .. in fact why dont more people post footage .. i mean there are alot of new letus/35mm adaptor owners out there and we read lots of words..! lets see some footage .

www.yousendit.com hosts large files for free