35mm adapter footage test on big screen... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old January 5th, 2006, 06:12 PM   #1
Regular Crew

35mm adapter footage test on big screen...

has anyone tried projecting their footage on a theater size screen? how does the footage with the 35mm adapter look? Is it soft, blurry, pixelated etc... please write up your experience on this as i would like to know what to expect when the film is shown in a theater setting. thanks!
Ken Lamug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2006, 06:17 PM   #2
Major Player

i know when i entered my video before i had a 35mm adapter into a film festival, i had to adjust all the color, gamma, brightness, contrast settings on the projector. just keep that in mind first and foremost.
Cody Dulock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2006, 06:35 PM   #3
Regular Crew

how was the color different? and what about the resolution? what size screen was it displayed on? did you convert it to dvd? did u use a digital projector?
sorry for all the questions ;)
Ken Lamug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2006, 04:27 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I'll be showing some footage in about 2 months on projected screen. From previous experience you may need to alter brightness / contrast as there is a big difference between projecting and displaying on a TV. I found that most clips I've projected were generally darker than on the TV. However, since our club has got a newer projector, things aren't so bad (perhaps they compensate for it, or maybe our projectionist upped the brightness!).

I haven't had to do any colour correction to projected images though.
Declan Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2006, 03:01 AM   #5

Noise report?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods