are these lenses worth buying? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old January 12th, 2006, 02:08 PM   #16
Major Player

i boviusly knew that very little of lenses would work.. all these lenses ended up selling for $30.. maybe if i would have bought it i could have kept what i needed and sold the rest over ebay i probably would have made my money back. but oh well.. it was my choice in the end. And yeah... i am trying to take shortcuts.. i have the lenses that i need right now but was attempting to find some good deals on some extra lenses.. and ill continue to try to take some shortcuts by trying to find the best deals possible.

quote:
"There are no shortcuts. Sorry, bud. Just buy the right lenses and be happy knowing you're joining the club and paying the same dues we all did."

if you dont try to find deals everytime you're looking to buy something then i hope i can join the "club" for cheaper than you did.
Old January 12th, 2006, 05:20 PM   #17
Major Player

How do you know how much I paid? It's pretty hard to find deals any cheaper. I know, I keep an eye out and buy low! :D

It sounds like the real issue is the term "shortcut." To you, getting a deal is a shortcut.

That's not what it means to me. To me, a shortcut is a way around something. Such as, trying to buy the wrong lenses and hoping they'll work just because you want them to, or because the price was right. But even a free, wrong lens, won't work. :)

To me, getting a deal is the smart thing, so, yes, keep looking! Just buy the RIGHT stuff when you find it cheap. NOT the wrong stuff! That is what I mean. Sorry if you thought I was a bit harsh.
Bill Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 08:07 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Play nice boys.

Andrew if it is a nice lens, looks good, pulls focus well, and has a fast F-stop, take a closer look. Don't let people make you feel bad. There are no dumb questions, only DUMB ANSWERS.
Bryan Ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 10:53 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Ramirez
There are no dumb questions, only DUMB ANSWERS.
So true. Speaking of dumb answers, those are not fast lenses he listed, or I would have told him to buy them. I was trying to help him not waste his money on inappropriate lenses, not make him feel bad.
Bill Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2006, 10:19 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Ok Bill, Ok, I was just giving general advice. I wasn't talking about those lenses, obviously he already had feedback about them. I wasn't attacking you. Thank you for the clarification. What I meant was, In looking for good deals, look for a few good qualities.
Bryan Ramirez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods