just got my letus at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old February 1st, 2006, 10:04 AM   #1
Major Player

just got my letus

i bought a second hand letus35 and it arrived this morning.. i am extremely happy with it so far.. havent got to test it really though because my gl1 has been shipped out and my xl1s is scheduled to arrive tommorow.(a good week for me) . so im walking around the house with a towel draped over my head and the adapter to reduce the glare.. has anyone ever aimed the letus at a computer screen? the flicker rate of the screen i guess brings the grain back and you can actually see the movement of the gg. its not its actual movement.. it just looks wiggly and slow.. then you aim it away from the screen and the movement and grain dissapears,, just realized that now. cool...
Old February 1st, 2006, 03:21 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Glad you finally got it. I used it with a GL2 when I had it.

(I'll be sending the accessories, etc. tommorow)

BTW the batteries that are in it might have a low current cause they have been used for a while, try swapping out with some fresh ones and see if theres a difference in GG movement
Solomon Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 06:51 PM   #3
Major Player

Not sure which version of the Letus35 you have. But I had the original and the lens on the GL1 couldn't focus on the ground glass. You may need to get some spacers for it. I'm sure the XL1 will be able to though.
Tony Tibbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2006, 09:37 AM   #4
Major Player

the ground glass moves fine... i was just commenting on how different it looks holding it up infront of a computer screen or tv screen.. it works awesome though.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods