Lens tube. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old February 3rd, 2006, 11:56 AM   #1
Major Player

Lens tube.

Does anyone know where else to get lens tube besides thor labs. I've looked around and haven't come across any. There were links to a guy selling some on ebay but he doesn't sell them anymore.

Rh
Rich Hibner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 12:14 PM   #2
Regular Crew

lens tubes

Hi there,

Turns out that part of a filter adapter for still digital camera involves a tube
similar to the Thorlabs one but with no internal thread and consequently no retaining rings (so you'll have to fasten your optics in there somehow).
It has 52mm threads on each end.
I haven't received mine yet so can't gaurantee their ability but I'm hoping they'll do the job (a few stacked together) as well a fitting a 50mm diameter lens.

If you look for item no. 7587264734 on the 'bay you can see for yourself.

regards,

Dave
David MD Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 04:19 PM   #3
New Boot

I got on eBay the item number 7583057602 to increese the distance from the Thorlabs tube.

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/5363/img006117ob.jpg

The Thorlabs tube is the longer one in the photo,
so if you get 2 shorter tubes on eBay and find a way to hold the optics inside... But I've not yet a direct experience of this.
Marco Polimeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 08:20 PM   #4
Major Player

Macro,

why do you have the spacer and thorlabs? that's really long...is there a reason for that? I've seen most people just use one or the other.

rh
Rich Hibner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 11:20 AM   #5
New Boot

I dont know yet if I need the spacer tube or not. At the moment I'm still waiting for the Optosigma parts I've ordered.
I want just be sure to cover all the 24x36mm area and avoid the strange optical games that some time appens when you watch trough a condenser lens too close to your eye.
Marco Polimeni is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods