For Sale: Adapter Component Bonanza!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old February 4th, 2006, 09:06 PM   #1
Major Player

For Sale: Adapter Component Bonanza!!

Hiya...

I'm doing some spring cleaning prematurely here and I've got a few things on offer to people who want to grab them cheaply and play around:

Beattie Intenscreen for Contax RTSII -- original price $92.50 plus tax+shipping

This is completely unopened, with the original seal over the edge of the cardboard sleave to prove it. I picked it up from B&H on a testing whim and, after looking at footage from Steev Dinkins' adapter, realised it wasn't the answer I was after. It is a small, 35mm frame size focusing screen -- not the medium format square Steev used originally. Would be perfect as an upgrade to anyone's Letus. Aside from the price reduction, these take about two weeks from order to ship and I will get it to you much faster. Someone here said they'd buy it but has not responded to my PM, so... SOLD.

Nikon F3 Focusing Screen -- original price $29.95 plus tax+shipping

Pretty much the same as above but without the fresnel element on one side -- instead it is a PCX like surface with a small curvature. I took it out of the box for about 30 seconds, while sitting in B&H's waiting area near the bag checkout, and realised it wasn't for me. I'm selling it for $20 plus shipping.

Unfinished (no anodizing) aluminum tubing, 2" long, external threading at both ends

This is precision milled and lathe finished aluminum tubing that is 2" in length, with an interior diameter of 47mm, external of approximately 52mm (about 2" round). This is from a machinist who I am working with to create a commercial grade product for mass production, but it isn't as long or as wide as I need ultimately. Use it for your own DIY purposes as a housing for optics. There are minor scratches toward one end of the tube, including the threading, but it still mounts into other properly threaded pieces just fine. I'm selling it for $10 plus shipping.

Unfinished aluminum tubing, 2.5" long

Same as above, but this has no scratches :) I'm selling it for $12 plus shipping.

1.4 micron high purity white aluminum oxide, 1 pound bag

This is just about as good as it gets for hand grinding. I purchased this a while back, used about 1 tablespoon's worth, and haven't touched it since. I'm selling it for $10 plus shipping.

First come, first served. Email me: jim at ideaspora dawt net

- jim

Last edited by Jim Lafferty; February 4th, 2006 at 10:49 PM.
Jim Lafferty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 10:37 PM   #2
Major Player

Jim, I've sent four emails over three days, including two yesterday. Is it possible my messages are being blocked, or your dvinfo email info is incorrect? My messages went to:

admin@ideaspora.net
ideaspora@ hotmail.com
Jim Lafferty @ The Digital Video Information Network

Are these incorrect? I've been trying to confirm a total on the beattie.
Dennis Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 10:49 PM   #3
Major Player

Sorry about that. Problem solved. You're in and we'll get that rolling.
Old February 13th, 2006, 11:43 PM   #4
Major Player

Aluminum oxide has been sold.

I have someone interested in the Nikon F3 screen but they would require I ship internationally -- no telling yet if that's going to work out...
Old February 14th, 2006, 12:14 AM   #5
Major Player

Jim I emailed you, hope you got it.

Rh
Rich Hibner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2006, 11:36 AM   #6
Major Player

Got your email, and assuming things go smoothly the F3 screen is sold now, too.

C'mon, tubing anyone? Get yer red hot aluminum tubing!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods