different way to suspend ground glass for vibrating (letus) adapters - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old February 27th, 2006, 07:19 PM   #16
Major Player

lol.. sorry.. letus with the xl1s. i have the older version of the letus.. bought 2nd hand off these boards. one of the sticks were already broken and home-fixed when i recieved the unit so i replaced them alltogether with new syringe sticks and got them in place with some silicone. yes you can notice slight grain patterns.. nothing huge. the moer light the better. this might be fixed with the new upgraded gg in the new letus's.. im really pleased with it so far but am always looking to improve it for my own uses. ive found that the silicone has helped me a little. it seems to be more free than when it had the rubber stoppers (to tell you the truth i removed them with the intention of sitll using them.. but i couldnt get them back in.. so i used silicone for a quick fix for the night and liekd the results. it seems like it might vibrate in a larger motion. it would be nice to have more control over the vibration.. i might upgrade to a different motor or battery pack that would give me control. im thinking about upgrading to a better gg.. just want some feedback from people that have done that allready
Old February 27th, 2006, 07:34 PM   #17
Trustee

I'm very happy with the results I'm getting with my Letus, It's become an extremely solid and reliable adapter. You know those stages where you say to yourself, "Yeah, my adapter's great, but I wish it wouldn't <insert problem here>". I've finally moved on to the stage after that: "Yea, my adapter's great and produces excellent results. If I ever get around to it, maybe I'll <insert improvement here>". That would the the potentiometer im planning.

At this point my mods include hotgluing the sticks halfway-out of the rubber gromet holes, and replacing the gg with the beattie, the latter of which has been a total lifesaver, and has turned the Letus into something I would never be without (except for crane shots perhaps).
Old February 27th, 2006, 07:57 PM   #18
Major Player

ill look into the beattie tonite. what model?.. i guess i can probably search.. the intescreen or soemthing like that? how much did you pay?
Old February 28th, 2006, 12:31 PM   #19
Trustee

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods