P+S 300 Watch the heat! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old March 1st, 2006, 03:52 PM   #1
Tourist

P+S 300 Watch the heat!

I was shooting with my XL2/P+S camera on an 80 degree day -left the camera in the car over lunch. The afternoon shooting got ugly - The images started looking like I was throwing on FOG filters. Pulling the relay lens revealed the optical block in the P+S was totally fogged-up! I attempted a cleaning, but relized this was not condensation - but an oily residue.
Next day sent it off to ZGC - The grease on the bearing around the ground glass had broken down (due to heat ?) and had sprayed the entire optical block and seeped onto the ground glass. ZGC cleaned it up and repacked the bearing. All is fine - but now I treat the P+S like a can of film - and keep it in a cool place. Just thought I'd share. Peter.
Peter Sensor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 10:00 PM   #2
Major Player

I thought that $12,000 was paying for "ruggedness"...
Matthew Nayman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods