DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   Letus Adapter HD100 et Al (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/63132-letus-adapter-hd100-et-al.html)

Bruce Meyers March 18th, 2006 01:13 AM

Letus Adapter HD100 et Al

The good folk at Letus have yet to announce or even give a relative time frame for the release of their HD100 version... When will it be released? Should I stop holding my breath? What'll it be, 2007/2008? I hope it comes out sooner than that. What date/what month? CAN ANYONE SPECIFY? I know the people at cinemek are dragging their feet as well, their unit requires rods and their orders are backed up for a long time plus they aren't even that inclined to develop a relay lens in a reasonable time frame. The PandS Technik is good but cost prohibitive for any indie filmmaker and the red rock micro is also quite expensive and not really used with the HD100 at all, so aside from LETUS which seems to be the HD100's last and only hope, are there any other units that produce shallow DOF cinematic looking images? What are the names of such units? How would one go and buy such a unit? If they don't exist, how would one build one, as I'm sure some of you smart indivuals have already done, would anyone care to post a guide as to what parts and materials would be needed to create such a thing? I really hope that someone out there can shed some light on this issue, the HD100 is not that bad a camera, if it could just produce shallow looking 35mm like images, I'd be very very happy. Please someone help, please shed some light on this.

Quyen Le March 18th, 2006 01:41 AM

The Letus35HD100 is in progress. Please give me 1-2 months, thanks.

Quyen

Ram Ganesh May 5th, 2006 06:00 PM

cool.... as a new owner of HD100... i am eagerly awaiting for ur adapter... (as it does native flip) please keep us posted...

Quyen Le May 5th, 2006 06:36 PM

I actually have a version that works but want to get better image, so I will take my time to do it right. Will let you all know when it's ready, thanks.

Quyen

Dustin Cross May 5th, 2006 09:15 PM

Quyen,

Have you thought about using a rotating GG design like the M2? I had a chance to play with the Redrock M2 at NAB and it is completely grainless. Combine that with your flip and relay lens and it could be the perfect 35mm adapter.

As soon as you are selling the Letus35HD100 I will be purchasing.

Bob Hart May 5th, 2006 09:48 PM

At the "Cage" shoot two weeks ago, the temptation to handhold an AGUS35 in front of the JVC HD arose. This was to enable a wider shot than the JVC's lens would allow. (BTW that JVC's Fujinon manual lens is a gem for allowing focus marks and accurate focus pulls.)

We did not do so in the end because of not having a mount even though the +7 dioptre fitted up adequately if roughly to the Fujinon. Offering the adaptor up to the Fujinon handheld just was not going to work as it could not be held firmly enough against the camera to allow for slight camera movements to reframe for the action.

The image by using an adaptor on front of the Fujinon is acceptable but as Quyen correctly indicates, can and should be done much better, otherwise the performance potential of this great camera is wasted.