Go35Pro Footage - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old August 9th, 2006, 03:34 AM   #46
Inner Circle

Sam.

I've rambled on about resolution previously but comments might be buried a bit deep by now.

Off an AO5 moving groundglass 16:9 image area of about 28mm width, in good lighting, a test chart aquired through a good Nikon 85mm f1.8 prime lens, relayed through two prisms and a Century Optics +7 acromatic dioptre into a Sony FX1/Z1P will just come up to but not exceed 850 TV lines of horizontal resolution.

This was testing with a home made optical glass disk groundglass. Wax can yield a sharper result. With a larger wax based groundglass image area as Jim suggests, my imagining is that for the same prime lens and relay path of equal performance, the resolution of HD should be achievable.

The biggest difficulty would be with the fixed grain structure of the wax becoming visible during pans, tilts, etc. and larger plain featured objects travelling across the frame.

One method of dealing with this coincides with one method of getting better resolution, using a larger groundglass image.

I understand the P+S Technik products to use a 21mm diameter image area off the groundglass and that the Redrock also may be using an area not much larger and by finer groundglass textures, achieving the resolution required.

Don't take too much notice of my comments however, as I am neither industry professional nor optical engineer and know only enough to be a danger unto myself.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2006, 01:39 AM   #47
Major Player

New footage from Daniel Wee. He writes:

I've finished shooting a project using the GO-35Pro. Note that this is my first real project using any 35mm adapter so it may be a bit on the rough side. It was also shot in about 3-days. I'd say about 60-70% of the shots were made using the adapter and it should be pretty obvious which are the ones.

You need to click on the "play" button to get it started after you see the download bar move a bit.

Daniel Wee

My fav shots by far are the image of the man kneeling over the water with the stick (7:33), and shortly after that (8:06), the melting ice -- mmm, bokeh :)
Old October 4th, 2006, 11:20 AM   #48
Major Player

Incidentally, I just had an order spot open up for a discounted adapter shipping on the 6th. Cost is $585 + shipping/handling fee of $30.00 for domestic orders. International rates determined per order.

The adapter is already completed and assembled, just waiting to go out with the rest of them on the 6th.

Email me if you're interested: info@go-35.com
Old October 4th, 2006, 05:36 PM   #49
Trustee

It's really hard to tell with the flash compression - do you have some still of the image for the Go35?
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2006, 12:53 AM   #50
Major Player

Not from this footage, unfortunately. I have posted full res stuff in the past:

http://www.go-35.com/vids/go35pro-dvxtest-cat.mov
http://www.go-35.com/vids/go35pro-dvxtest-setup.mov
http://www.go-35.com/vids/go35pro-dvxtest-bh.mov

Most recently I shot a test to see what sort of minimum illumination is needed for interiors -- I shot this with a combined 175W of light, spread out from three domestic bulbs (a desk lamp with a shade, a ceiling fan, and a c-clamp styled work light). It's a 50mm Nikkor at f/2.0 on a GL1 at 1/60th.

Though I'm pleased with that, I can't wait to do a similar test with a better camera, something that has better res and is capable of a slower shutter, like 1/30th.

Last edited by Jim Lafferty; October 5th, 2006 at 03:49 PM.
Jim Lafferty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2006, 09:12 PM   #51
Regular Crew

hi do u have any pics of the Go-35 itself? So i can know how it look like. Does it fit with the JVC HD100?
Trung Dau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2006, 07:46 AM   #52
Major Player

Give me a little bit - I'll have something better than pics to show :)
Old October 6th, 2006, 09:02 PM   #53
Regular Crew

ok! i will work hard and try to drink less to save $ then i will give u alil bit. hehehehee
Does ur adapter thread to front of the lens? How weight is it?
Trung Dau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2006, 10:42 PM   #54
Major Player

I don't know the exact weight... I need to get access to a proper scale. It's not all that much. The worry more than anything, is the weight of the lens attached to the adapter, and this is the reason I stress people get rails.
Old October 16th, 2006, 06:37 PM   #55
Regular Crew

Jim,

Are you (or would you) consider selling your polymer diffuser seperately for those of us who have static tube style adapters already?

Thanks.
Donnie Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 07:51 PM   #56
Regular Crew

Hi jim

Hi Jim,

Im interested in your polymer gg too. Want to compare it with my diy-made wax-ggs in the vibrating adapter to see how it performs. How thick is your gg in millimeter?

thanks
Daniel
Daniel Schaumberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2006, 12:46 AM   #57
Inner Circle

Jim.

Will you likely make substitute polymer GG panels to suit Letus35?
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2006, 10:00 PM   #58
Regular Crew

Is the adaper still for sale?
Rati Oneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2006, 01:10 AM   #59
Major Player

Still for sale? Hell yeah :D

I just shipped four units out today. The current units reflect improvements made based on testing and comments/critiques from previous buyers.

Yes, I would sell the diffuser as a separate unit. They are very labor intensive and I do not want to create a market for people to make and sell adapters using my diffuser cheaper than I do. I'm pricing them at $120.00 per unit.

As always, if you've got questions or for purchase interest: info@go-35.com

Just drop me a note and I will forward you the general info email for more details on the payment process, what's included, customer comments, etc. I'm now trying to aggregate production and shipping into two week cycles -- I've just come off a cycle, so I'm looking to make 10 more units within the next two weeks, and ship them out by October 30th.

The website will finally be lifting off in the next 2-3 weeks. Expect to see a lot of media there, with a user forum and FAQ.

Thanks for your interest...

- jim

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods