Canon XL2 & LetusXL - Page 2 at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old May 13th, 2006, 06:28 PM   #16
Major Player

New footage

OK, back at www.LyonFilms.com/test.html there is a new test shot.

Please forgive the cameraman (me). I really need to hook up a follow focus with hard stops so I don't have the focusing problem. Starting to figure out the LetusXL a little more. As you know, the footage is highly compressed but still shows some nice color, DOF, etc. Also, very little barrel distortion (if any) and almost no vingnetting. I did a little CC, but that is all.

50mm lens. The relay lens was closed down about halfway because it is a very sunny day and the actual 50mm lens was set at roughly f4.0 to get a little less shallow DOF.

Thoughts?
Devon Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 01:17 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon Lyon
OK, back at www.LyonFilms.com/test.html there is a new test shot.

Please forgive the cameraman (me). I really need to hook up a follow focus with hard stops so I don't have the focusing problem. Starting to figure out the LetusXL a little more. As you know, the footage is highly compressed but still shows some nice color, DOF, etc. Also, very little barrel distortion (if any) and almost no vingnetting. I did a little CC, but that is all.

50mm lens. The relay lens was closed down about halfway because it is a very sunny day and the actual 50mm lens was set at roughly f4.0 to get a little less shallow DOF.

Thoughts?
She looked sleepy and cold. :) Or just fidgety. DOF was good. Can't think of much else to say. I think most folks are convinced the Letus35XL does a great job, now we're all just waiting for a complete project that uses it to be finished. I'll be shooting one this summer hopefully, but I need to grab a few more lenses.
Jacob Ehrichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 08:56 PM   #18
New Boot

Where to buy Letus relay lens for XL2?

I'm looking for a Letus relay lens for my XL2. With the 35mm adapter I have the camera is just too long, so I want to take off the standard XL2 lens and put on a relay lens. I just don't know where to buy one. Can someone help me? Thanks.

-Paul
Paul Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 09:09 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Hello Paul,

The Letus35XL is a combination of relay lens and a 35mm adapter. The relay lens is not sold separately.

You can read about it in the following thread.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=62445

Last edited by Brian J. Harris; May 15th, 2006 at 08:42 AM.
Brian J. Harris is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods