How to clean the Letus35 and vignetting at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old May 13th, 2006, 12:03 AM   #1
Regular Crew

How to clean the Letus35 and vignetting

I'm satisfied with my Letsu35 (not the one with better achromat) but I found out it got some dust after a while. I looked for threads that dealt with cleaning this adapters but didn't found any. Can someone help? I'm afraid of breaking my adapter.

Also, I'm using it with a sony HC1 camera and I'm getting a lot of vignetting when using a 28mm canon FD lens (obviously more than with a 50mm). Is there any other way to reduce the vignetting than zooming in? Because, if I have to zoom it a lot to eliminate this, using a 28mm lens doesn't make much sense. I've tried using +1, +2 and +4 tiffen macro lens between the letus and the camera but there's still a lot of vignetting.
Mike Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 03:47 AM   #2
Major Player

take a screw drive and take it apart. Remove the end that has the GG. Use a can of compressed air. Wipe out the inside and the lenses with some alchohol and water.
Old May 13th, 2006, 05:45 AM   #3
New Boot

Hey Mike,

I hope someone is able to shed some light on your vignetting issue, as I too am with an HC1 and was considering one of these adapters at some point in time. (but was wondering how the HC1 did with them)

I put another posting in this thread
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=67069

thanks,

jg
James Gerber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 09:25 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kim
Also, I'm using it with a sony HC1 camera and I'm getting a lot of vignetting when using a 28mm canon FD lens (obviously more than with a 50mm). Is there any other way to reduce the vignetting than zooming in? Because, if I have to zoom it a lot to eliminate this, using a 28mm lens doesn't make much sense. I've tried using +1, +2 and +4 tiffen macro lens between the letus and the camera but there's still a lot of vignetting.
Yeah, i guess those words prick everyone who had ever chance to try wideangle to shDOF. I don't know adapter yet wich hasn't fall-off problems.
Only workaround would be that You take few seconds wihte paper with given wide angle lens and use rcording as mask in after effect later to compensate appeared faal-off.
Frank Hool is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods