Letus Customer Service??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old May 14th, 2006, 06:09 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Letus Customer Service???

I ordered the Letus35XL on Saturday. I contacted Quyen Le 3 times prior to ordering. He responded very quickly to my emails. I ordered the adapter around 2:30pm est on Saturday through Paypal. Pay pay shows that he received the payment. I have sent 5 emails since then just trying to confirm that my payment was received and to see if it would be possible to ship the adapter on Monday.

I have receive no response to any email since I sent the payment.

One of the reasons i felt comfortable ordering and paying for the device was because of the positive feedback on the DVi web site regarding the excellant customer service provided by Quyen Le. At this point I'm less than impressed.

Is this level of service normal for QL? I like everything I have seen about the product but I am always concerned when I don't receive some kind of payment confirmation from a company doing business on the internet.

I'll be happy to post positive feedback about QL and the Letus35XL if the communication improves.
Tucker Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 06:17 PM   #2
New Boot

a) where did you order it? I'm asking because I was wondering if there is an official website for it

b) I probably wouldn't get worked up if someone (or a business) didn't respond on the weekend.. alot of places are closed on weekends, especially on Sundays. Now, if they didnt' respond at all by Tuesday, then I'd probably start getting anxious.

jg
James Gerber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 06:29 PM   #3
Regular Crew

His web site is adapterplace.com
the Letus35XL was not available on his web site so I emailed him directly on Saturday morning and got a reply right back saying it was available and quoting the price. I sent another email asking a couple of more questions and got another quick reply. I told him in another email I wanted to order and recieved a paypal invoice almost immediately.

For someone not working on a saturday he sure did get back to me pretty quickly.

Once I sent my payment... nothing!
Old May 14th, 2006, 06:41 PM   #4
New Boot

Sorry bout that... didn't know you guys were back and forth communication on Saturday.

Thanks for the weblink though! I figured there'd be a sticky for this thread showing the Letus' website, and other various bits of general info on it.

jg
James Gerber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 06:47 PM   #5
Major Player

reply time

i have no idea what quyen is up to or why, but i think its important to remember that he is an engineer, not a sales guy. And also that its not a "company" as such, but one guy doing it all.

Same thing happened with me, paypal went through and didnt hear a word. Sent a couple status requests with no reply. Finally wrote him a long dramatic email pleading a reply and expressing fear of fraud. He sent a 5 word reply that the adapter was shipped already.

Sure enough it arrived the next day, and since i'm in rural new zealand, that means he shipped it a minimum of 3 days before my whiny email, possible 4-5.

So, from my experience and interaction with Quyen, my advice is "chill. remember that he's an engineer. Engineers and customer service are normally divided by a staff of translators."

I feel confident in saying that your adapter will come. I think he's doing a hell of a job for a spare time product and given enough time he has done everything i think as reasonable to insure the product is right and to fix any issues.

Granted, i'm in rural new zealand, so what do i know? but still. i thought my experience might drop you down a defcon level.

cheers!
-a
Andrew Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 07:11 PM   #6
Regular Crew

thanks Andrew! Your reply certainly does help some. I just find that way of doing business is horrible.

How hard is it to type:
Got your payment. Product will ship on __________________.

But then again I have a marketing background and I understand that a happy customer might tell 10 people. An unhappy customer will tell 100 people!

I am down a defcon level though. I appreciate the reply.
Old May 14th, 2006, 07:26 PM   #7
Major Player

I live in Oregon and have met Quyen and he is a really good guy. I own a LetusXL and he has been good with responses generally, but over the last few days I haven't heard back on a question...he may simply be out of town for the Mother's Day holiday. His emails are always very short...just his way of communicating. I wouldn't worry about fraud, the guy is a good family man and an Intel engineer...not some random nut. Hope that helps.
Devon Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 08:03 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Hey guys,

The Letus35XL is not officially on the www.adapterplace.com website because it is still in the beta testing phase. The people who have purchased it are getting it at the beta price, not the official release price which is listed in the following post. Post#1

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=62445

Also, Quyen mentions in that post it will take 1-2 weeks for delivery.

I recently received my Letus35XL beta unit 14 days after I ordered it. Considering the unit had to be assembled and shipped from Oregon, I thought the turnaround time was rather quick.

Quyen has responded very quickly to the e-mails I have sent, so I would rate the customer service very high.

Last edited by Brian J. Harris; May 15th, 2006 at 07:50 AM.
Brian J. Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 08:27 PM   #9
Regular Crew

I was charged the full price and told (before I ordered) he would ship in 3-7 days. After I purchased I asked if he could ship tomorrow due to a shoot next weekend.

Customer Service means replying to emails when a customer sends one. It's pretty clear based on Andrews post...i'm not the only one with this issue.
Old May 14th, 2006, 08:57 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Tucker, Correct me if I'm wrong but its been less then 48-Hours since you emailed him/purchased from him?

You'd be lucky to get instant turn-around from any business, and honestly asking for instaneous replies in this situation is being a bit unreasonable.

I realize in your position, you've got to be anxious to get it :) However, its Mothers Day so don't expect Quyen to be waiting on you hand and foot to reply, because his wife already is ;) (assuming he's married).

Now tommorow, THATS when the pressure gets applied :P
Paul Reichelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 09:02 PM   #11
Major Player

Sorry that Yesterday was my daughter's birthday and Sunday's church activities take most of my time. The Letus35XL is ready for order but I am affraid that if I post it on my website, I won't have enough time to fill orders. I decide to offer for DVinfo.net users only at this moment, thanks.

Quyen
Old May 14th, 2006, 09:27 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Quyen - I got your reply to my emails. Thanks for taking the time on what must have been a busy weekend. I look forward to receiving the Letus35XL and will be happy to post positive feedback once I have had an opportunity to use the adapter. Thank you again for your reply.
Tucker Wright is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods