Only if this was 24p.. WOW at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old May 15th, 2006, 04:53 PM   #1
Major Player

Only if this was 24p.. WOW

Use High Definition
By using a Digital Still camera you aren't limited to the low resolution of a standard-definition video camera or web camera. Instead of low resolution you can capture high resolution images and create high-definition video files.

This is a frame grabber right from the chip.... BUT not 24p.... man ol man..

http://www.granitebaysoftware.com/Default.aspx
Old May 16th, 2006, 04:05 PM   #2
Regular Crew

so wait its just a time lapse photo program?
Jeff Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2006, 06:54 PM   #3
Major Player

correct. Youll get the same thing by standing there with your still cmaera snapping a picture every 7 sec or so.

That would be very very cool if it could be done 24 frames a sec. and you just need a huge drive to hold all the stills, and then load them to a computer program which recongizes the stills and puts them into order for you for playback. giving you high res 24fps.

Last edited by Forrest Schultz; May 16th, 2006 at 08:23 PM.
Forrest Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2006, 08:48 PM   #4
Major Player

yes

but I think several things must be adressed first... Now I don't have anyway electrical knowledge on how the chips work but if the signle from the camera is like "Pulsating" or only produces a picture every 1/2 second then even the software couldn't change that.... BUT... IF IT'S STRAIGHT UP HIGHDEF DIRECT SIGNAL.... then all that would need changing would be the software and codec... like mjpeg2000 4:4:4: lossless maybe this would be easer on a laptop then a tiff file.... Any thoughts
Old May 17th, 2006, 12:43 AM   #5
Major Player

This is nothing new really.

The chips are physically limited to between about 4 (for the highest resolution sensors) and 15fps at the full resolution, but neither the interface nor the internal electronics can manage this for long (it fills a memory buffer).

Cannon provide an API for controlling their cameras from a PC, so this sort of time lapse is actually a pretty trivial achievement.
Marvin Emms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2006, 02:59 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Time lapse

...and now some video cameras (I am thinking my new HC1!) let you take a pic every 1, 5 or 10mins and stores to memory in jpeg -about 2Meg so 500pics on my 1gig chip. Thats, 500minutes = 500/60 = about 8 hours or 500/24 = 20 seconds of 'footage' which can be imported into Vegas as a sequence strip...
Nick Outram is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods