Resolution with Letus35? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old May 17th, 2006, 03:23 PM   #1
Major Player

Resolution with Letus35?

Hi,

Has anyone recorded a resolution chart of their camera with and without the Letus35? I'm thinking of getting one for my Sony Z1U, but I'm curious to know how much softer the image will get. I'd be interested in seeing charts or hearing any reports on this from any users out there.

And I know that it will also depend somewhat on the lens used in front, but I'm curious to learn how good the images through the Letus35 can be.

Thanks in advance for any info,
Bill
William Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 05:51 PM   #2
Major Player

William,
Hello from over at the DVC. I have the letus35A on my DVC30. While it does soften the image a tad, it more than makes up for in style. For SD it isn't much of an issue for me but for your Z1 you might notice more of a drop, not sure just guessing. I also noticed how different lens's make a big difference ( I know duh, but you live and learn). You'll also need more light than you are used to. The more light, the better it performs. I'm not a heavy shooter so take what I have to say with a grain of salt. Indoors I find that I have to have lights or it's just to dark. I also had to tweek all of my settings because of the change in color and contrast. getting used to it still but you can bet you'll see it on the next DVC.
Michael Fossenkemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 10:31 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks much for the info. The few clips I've seen do look very good, but it's hard to tell if the HD resolution will get hurt by it. What little I've seen would definitely hold up well at SD (and of course would be great for the low res DVC clips!).

See you in DVC6,
Bill
William Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 10:04 AM   #4
Inner Circle

If Quyen is finishing the gg to that you would achieve with AO5 on glass, my own tests on an unrelated device into an FX1 with a Lemac chart hint you should be able to get up to just about 850 TV lines of resolution. I think this comes up to the HDV progressive flavours of available resolution and falls short of interlaced HDV.

Resolution variations between SLR lenses does become apparent.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods