VX2000 lcd flip at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old June 2nd, 2006, 08:52 AM   #1
New Boot

VX2000 lcd flip

Iīm looking for two days now and canīt find anything regarding to how to flip the lcd on a vx2000. I now have a letus, so the image is upside down.

Can anyone help me..Send a link or sth. Thanks a lot.
Matthias Miethe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2006, 10:42 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I had success flipping the lcd on my pd170, which I think has a similar mechanism. It involves drilling a small hole in the side panel near the hinge of the lcd, and then inserting something into the hole to trigger the switch. This will flip the image. I find that inserting a bent twist-tie works well. There are diagrams of how to do this posted somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

Drilling in the case of your camera sounds scary, but it's not that bad if you're careful. If you look near the hinge where the lcd attaches to the camera body, you will see a small plastic panel attached by one tiny screw. You unscrew this with a screwdriver (like the kind you find in a glasses repair kit), and then remove the panel. Then you drill the hole in the panel. If you look at the panel, you will see that there is just one screw, on one end of the panel. If you imagine a second hole on the other end of the panel, exactly symmetrical with the first- that's where you drill. Then you re-attache the panel to the camera. So you're not actually drilling into your camera, just the panel that you have detached.

I hope that helps- sorry I don't have diagrams!
Gabriel Chiefetz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods