A new chemically engineered GG - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old June 20th, 2006, 06:42 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Hi Donnie,

Can you email me at tony@eldavinci.com so as I can send you a diagram of what we can send you.

Thanks,
Old June 20th, 2006, 06:51 PM   #32
Regular Crew

We have sourced the actual manufacturer mount rings for the DiGi35 as opposed to using T-mounts. To get an idea on what the favorites are can you let me know on your next post everybody. Be good to see just how many different mounts people use. Also what diameter your camcorder lens is.

Thanks,
Old June 20th, 2006, 07:20 PM   #33
Trustee

If the bokeh is good I'll buy the glass in a fast second. Out of all the diffusing options, none except the G35's hi?-lux (wax?) deliver quality bokeh, and I think it's one of the qualities that's grossly overlooked in a focusing screen.
Old June 20th, 2006, 07:26 PM   #34
Regular Crew

GG orders

Thank you for everyones interest in the DiGi35 GG. All 10 orders have now been filled.

To those who have ordered the DiGi35 GG, you will be notified by email once the DiGi35 GG is ready to be shipped.

Footage and Stills from my Sony Z1E will be available at www.digi35.co.uk shortly. This will be available before the DiGi35 GG orders are confirmed.

Thanks,
Old June 21st, 2006, 09:14 AM   #35
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Winter
Out of all the diffusing options, none except the G35's hi?-lux (wax?) deliver quality bokeh...
I take exception to that remark :)
Old June 21st, 2006, 09:26 AM   #36
Major Player

Would this work for a revolving GG? I'm in the process of making a Redrock Micro DIY 35mm adapter and wanted to test different GG elements.

Thanks,

Jim
James Huenergardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2006, 10:55 AM   #37
Regular Crew

Rotating GG

With regards to the rotating option we are devising a threaded seal for the DiGi35 GG to ensure that no glass separation occurs. We shall let you know the progress of this.
Old June 21st, 2006, 08:45 PM   #38
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lafferty
Touchè, dude. That's totally some serious mamma-jammin' sweet bokeh goin' on there :)
Old June 22nd, 2006, 05:49 PM   #39
Regular Crew

With regards to the rotating option, what is the most popular diameter? Is it CD size? Our prototype rotating GG with seal is 120mm in diameter with a 25mm aluminium centre seal for mounting.

What diameters are you all using?
Old June 22nd, 2006, 06:17 PM   #40
Regular Crew

I presume the fact that you're trying to make gg's to suit spinners means the grain is too much for static? Just curious.
Andy Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2006, 06:28 PM   #41
Regular Crew

Oh no of course not. The GG will be a separate product available to buy for people who cannot afford the complete adapter. There are hundreds, maybe thousands of people out there who have DIY adapters but dont have the perfect GG or who need a replacement GG. Our aim is to cater for people of all budgets and requirements. If someone has an adapter, the last thing that they want to do is shell out lots more money for another one, instead they can just upgrade and buy the GG.

The whole concept of the 35mm camcorder DOF adapter market is to cater for the film industry where big budgets or large sums of money for equipment are not available therefore we aim to cater for everyones needs.

I hope this answers your question.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 06:33 PM   #42
Regular Crew

Well if the grain is ok without moving the gg, why would anyone bother moving it, and introduce the bulk and noise of a spinner for no reason? Making a big gg for a spinner strikes me as a lot of wasted effort if you don't need to spin it, that's all I'm saying.
Andy Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2006, 06:54 PM   #43
Regular Crew

I didnt say it had to move.

The rotating option is purely only for the adapter, we are not saying that it has to be spun, all we are providing is a GG of a particular diameter designed to fit a rotating adapter to save the cost of having to buy a static adapter. As a rotating GG is generally attached from one side we have developed a seal to ensure that no glass separation occurs to extend the life of the GG.

The GG has a different seal in our static adapter and is of a different diameter so the GG cannot be used in a rotating system.

To simplify your question we will provide 2 GG products.

- One for a static system

- One to fit an existing rotating adapter (GG does not need rotating)

Our website is near completion so sample footage and stills will be available www.digi35.co.uk shortly
Old June 22nd, 2006, 07:18 PM   #44
Regular Crew

For the uninitiated amongst us, what is gg ,some kind of lenes filter or fitting?
Joe Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2006, 08:36 PM   #45
Trustee

It is the focusing screen onto which the image is projected from a 35mm SLR lens. The camcorder records this image. The main concern is visible grain in the material.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods