New video with Letus35xl w/lights and figrig at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old June 23rd, 2006, 10:42 AM   #1
New Boot

New video with Letus35xl w/lights and figrig

Well our first shoot with the xl2 and this new adapter took place this week.
Unfortunately I couldn't be there but my partner in crime shot a music video for a solo artist using the xl2 with the letus on a figrig.We should be able to post some stills and some footage soon.

We tested the adapter outdoors weeks ago and got great results but this was the first test indoors.

He used 3 lowell DP 1000w quarts lights,direct lighting , not bounced on the subject. Used the adapter iris and lens wide open with the gain at +3.
Still one stop under exposed. So, I would say it's almost impossible to use the adapter in indoors with only available light.You have to have real lights to use this thing! We are probably going to have to get a couple or real fresnels and maybe bring some pars to get some headroom to stop the iris down in the future.

Good news is the footage looks good.A little desaturated ,but should look fine after cc. Wade was actually rack focusing with the camera on the figrig so I think he is slightly nuts for attempting that.But he pulled it off!

Stay tuned!
Jeremy Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 11:52 PM   #2
New Boot

First footage

http://www.extremesoundonline.com/video/perfectclip.wmv

No color correction...
I think something went wrong with the wmv encode after the 1st min.
But the first minute should give you an idea.

BTW the xl2s might be getting sold in order to bring in new hd cams...so I might have to sell this adapter. If anyone has interest email me at edgebsl@gmail.com.
Old June 28th, 2006, 12:02 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hmmm, the non-psychedelic part seemed ok but quite soft and washed out. All tough it was highly compressed clip so that would explain some of it. Are you sure all settings with the adapter were correct? It seems Letus adapters usually need to be tweaked some what to get the best results.
Mikko Parttimaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 02:04 PM   #4
New Boot

Yeah, problem is, some of it is soft because the lens and adapter iris HAD to be open all the way to get proper exposure and even at +3db gain it was still under.Wade had 3 1000w lights with 2 of them aimed DIRECTLY on john. Would have liked to be at 3.5 with the adapter iris more towards its halfway mark.

I think some of it looks pretty good, I think once the contrats and color is bumped up a bit it will look better.

I will post some stills and some digital shots of the light setup.
Old June 28th, 2006, 02:21 PM   #5
New Boot

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/attachmen...3&d=1151525660

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/attachmen...2&d=1151525660

2 frame grabs
Old June 28th, 2006, 02:22 PM   #6
New Boot

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/attachmen...1&d=1151525660

lighting setup for a shot
Old June 29th, 2006, 10:44 AM   #7
New Boot

Links arent working...I'll have to find a way to repost.
Jeremy Edge is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods