DiGi35 Final Design has arrived at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old June 30th, 2006, 06:20 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DiGi35 Final Design has arrived

Just to let you all know that the finished housing for the DiGi35 adapter has arrived. Several prototypes were made and tweaked and the final product has arrived. The new size lenses and rail system should arrive either Monday or Tuesday so footage, stills and pictures should be available by the end of the week.

The following mounts will be avaliable for the DiGi35:

- Arri PL
- Panavison
- BNCR
- Nikon
- Canon EF / FD
- Zeiss Cintax
- Leica R

We have also decided that the rail system will be come standard with the DiGi35. Official pricing to follow shortly.

Last edited by Tony Relph; June 30th, 2006 at 07:21 PM.
Tony Relph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 06:56 PM   #2
Trustee

no Canon FD mount? I'm upset...
Old June 30th, 2006, 07:02 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I use canon FD's as well. I'd sell my set for nikons if this adapter is good enough though
Solomon Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 07:20 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Canon FD will be available as well.
Old June 30th, 2006, 07:27 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Only the Nikon and PL mounts have been made at the moment. All the others will be complete before launch date. The mount of your choice will come free with the DiGi35, all other mounts will be available separately to purchase. Official pricing to be confirmed.
Old June 30th, 2006, 10:04 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Tony.

Something I suggested to P+S awhile back and something you might like to consider is something I do with the AGUS35.

As well as using it for groundglass imaging, to enable long lenses with apertures tighter than f5.6 into inbuilt lens style camcorders, I remove the groundglass and just use the adaptor itself. The image passes direct into the camcorder. I have in the past used the word "aerial image" to describe this process but there are some contentions as to the correct definition.

A swing out option for the groundglass could be a useful addition if it is not to difficult to design in and enables camcorders like the PD150 or FX1 family to become much more versatile, ie., large field team sports, surfing or ground-to-air videography.

Lenses used into this style of arrangement have been Sigma 50m - 500mm f4 - f6.3 zoom, Nikon 500mm f8 mirror lens, MTO f10.5 1084mm mirror lens. Lenses with a tighter than f6.3 - f8 aperture may vignette on the corners or on the PD150 family, corners plus a left side edge crop.

The big lenses need extra support and your rods system could provide that with the appropriate bridge pieces. The MTO is very wide and might not fit into the available space between the lens mount and rod centres. My solution is a lot less elegent, a piece of pine timber.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2006, 08:07 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Bob,
great suggestion, and the word "aerial image" is correct as far as I know. I have done the same thing before because I believed (and was trying to prove to myself) that there is more than just "bokeh" in the use of these adapters. There is a 3D quality to the image even without the gg.
Donnie Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2006, 01:06 PM   #8
Major Player

wikipedia confirms it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerial_image
Frank Hool is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods