Vibrator disk motor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old July 4th, 2006, 06:09 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Vibrator disk motor

Hi all,

Can anyone help? I am looking for disk motor similar to the ones used by Guyen for his adaptor. Someone mentioned you can get it at Solabotics but they are out of stock. Any idea where in the states I can get them online? Thanks.
Alex Chong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2006, 07:15 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi,

I got the disk motor finally online. Got them from

http://www.bgmicro.com/prodinfo.asp?...ri=MOT&stype=2

Its really cheap. I got 20 for the same price as the ones that are sold in ebay for 2 numbers.
Old July 4th, 2006, 10:06 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Chong
Hi,

I got the disk motor finally online. Got them from

http://www.bgmicro.com/prodinfo.asp?...ri=MOT&stype=2

Its really cheap. I got 20 for the same price as the ones that are sold in ebay for 2 numbers.
cool. thanks for the link.
Solomon Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2006, 01:24 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon Chase
cool. thanks for the link.
I just read on DVXuser.com forum that this particular disc motor isn't strong enough. Not sure whether that will affect the magnitude of the vibration or the speed for that matter. Try one first and see what happened. The other online store ran out of this motor and so far no new stocks from them. There is another site from UK called totalrobots. I think you can order from them at a higher cost.
Old July 5th, 2006, 05:36 AM   #5
Inner Circle

An idea I have meandered aroud in my mind for a while but done nothing about is to get a router bearing pair, make an inner sleeve to fit onto a CD player motor, have this sleeve eccentric like a crank, have an outer sleeve with a hub centre to fit my existing groundglass CD sized disks, oscillate them like the P+S but without extra cranks and let the disk float in rotation around the shaft if it chooses to.

This should confer an adequate movement of the disk without the flicker and counterweights on the shaft would not be a problem to make and adjust. Just a thought.

If the disk eventualy begins to spin fast enough to induce a slow periodic flcker, then a small weight on the rim or a simple elastic restaint running in a groove on the static hub should be enough.

Just a thought.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods