DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   Introducing the Brevis Revision 2 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/71858-introducing-brevis-revision-2-a.html)

Dennis Wood July 19th, 2006 10:11 PM

Introducing the Brevis Revision 2

Here's a sneak peak at the culmination of another intensive testing/revision cycle. I'm completely thrilled with the new unit :-) I've been pretty busy building these but I stopped to grab a few pics...
  • It is still only 270 grams in weight (including internal power).
  • A great deal of effort has gone into sound dampening with the result that in a quiet room, the unit is inaudible from about 2 feet away.
  • Has a user interchangeable diffuser system. (with the latest diffusers arriving next week)
  • Still has user swappable lens mounts (Canon FD, Nikon, M42, Minolta MD, EOS, PL and OCT19 in the works)
  • Still shows .5 stops of light gain.
  • Now has a slick fully CNC'd rails system and mount.
  • Is still fully sealed fore and aft with fully coated optics.
  • Has a new custom spec'd flat black finish.
  • Has a new rear mounting system for perfect frame to GG alignment.
  • New "1 tool" design that allows full external adjustment of everything with one little allen key.
  • Internal changes to make the unit absolutely bullet proof with respect to shock and vibration. You can drop it all you like..but you won't break it!
We've got some more surpises in store very soon :-)

The unit pictured is accompanying me on the Chicago to Mackinaw Island sailboat race. Speaking of which, I need to do some packing! See you guys in a week.

http://www.cinevate.com/images/rev2brevis.jpg

Shervin Mandgaryan July 19th, 2006 10:18 PM

If you ever need a local beta tester for one of your bad boys, im always avail ;)

Nice looking unit!

Dennis Wood July 19th, 2006 10:46 PM

Thanks Shervin. As we speak, one of your fellow Torontonians is playing with an HVX and the "revision 2" adapter :-)

Ben Winter July 19th, 2006 11:32 PM

Is this the revision I'm getting Dennis?

Dennis Wood July 20th, 2006 12:09 AM

Yep...but not with the Minolta MD mount :-) I just had a look at some HVX stuff from the adapter. All I can say is...get ready for some awesome footy! Now back to packing....

Shervin Mandgaryan July 20th, 2006 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Wood
Thanks Shervin. As we speak, one of your fellow Torontonians is playing with an HVX and the "revision 2" adapter :-)

Well thats pretty cool, but wheres mine!?! :P

When will these units be available for sale? And is there an entire kit that can be purchased with everything needed to go? Similar to the RedRock Micro kits.

Joe Carney July 20th, 2006 11:46 AM

Does the Brevis work with or without the stock lens on the HD100?

Ben Winter July 20th, 2006 08:57 PM

I can answer that...Dennis has not designed a relay system (yet?), so you will need the stock lens attached to use the brevis.

Ben Winter July 20th, 2006 09:03 PM

Wait a sec...how does this thing have light gain?

Dennis Wood July 27th, 2006 09:52 PM

Well, we're back...and aside from a $6000 spinaker that popped like confetti in a 30knot wind (at 3am in the morning to boot), we had a great race. 333 miles in 50 hours.

Ben, the light gain in the adapter is contrary to logic...however it's measured, and it's there. I posted the calcs over at the cinevate site a month or so ago.

Shervin, we do have complete packages. Everything is at the site in my signature :-)

The new prototype diffusers are here, (further testing next week), and we have PL mounts incoming too :-)

Dennis Wood August 18th, 2006 06:26 PM

The PL mounts are coming...

Our next mini - project sneak peak. For those of you asking for the PL mount :-)