What's The Latest on the Letus35 Hd100? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old December 8th, 2006, 10:12 AM   #46
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Castiglione
However, more importantly is the issue of whether you can actually see the ground glass while doing any kind of camera moves. It may be that I just need to play around with backfocus a bit more so no concluded judgments at all yet. I will post some more shots shortly and say a lot more about this device.

The links:

http://homepage.mac.com/rcastiglione/letusfocus.mov

http://homepage.mac.com/rcastiglione/Letushousemess.mov

Rob

Just wondering if you've been able to properly set up the adapter and found it to work well for you, Rob. I'm considering buying the Letus HD100. I found that in these clips you can see the grain pattern of the GG (especially in Letsufocus.mov -the right half of his face flickers from the vibration).

Did you get a chance to shoot & post more recent footage? I'd love to see some more indoor shots.
Chad Terpstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2006, 10:24 AM   #47
Major Player

Chad,

Sorry I have gone all silent but have been as busy as hell making films and having fun.

Quyen is kindly looking at my Letus which I could never set up properly and as soon as I get it back in the new year I will post more stuff and let people make up their own minds. I am getting a fixed nikkon mount put on for a start as the one that mounts both canon and nikkon lenses was not that stable. I should point out Quyen has been very supportive and is very reliable.

The footage I posted was not much chop - just shot around the house and it was very grainy. I dont think it is supposed to have that much grain.

So I will not be able to say much until the new year once I get my unit back from Quyen.

Rob
Robert Castiglione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2006, 10:59 AM   #48
Major Player

Sounds good. Thanks for the update. Do stay in touch when you get it back. And enjoy the holidays! ;-)

Anyone else with new footage from the adapter? Thanks much.

I do have a question about the 1.9x magnification. Does it result in loss of shallower DOF? I know that normally when using a 24-35mm lens there is not as much racking available as say a 50 or 85mm. Does this carry over when using the adapter since you'd be using a 24 or 35mm to replace the 50mm? Thanks.
Chad Terpstra is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods