DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   What's The Latest on the Letus35 Hd100? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/73416-whats-latest-letus35-hd100.html)

Jamon Lewis August 11th, 2006 01:08 AM

What's The Latest on the Letus35 Hd100?

Hey everyone!

I've been following the various adapter thread for months now and I think i'm ready to commit to the Letus. It seems like the best pound for pound, my only concerns have been it's seems as though Quen didn't have a "cookie cutter" in terms of making them.

In all fairness to Quyen. I do realize that the comments people post are subject to their personality, skill and expectations...

Not gonna be anymore long winded about it... Bottom line is i've seen recent posts about the new Letus XL, people seem to be happy with the new one i've seen post of folks talking about it compared to the old one which makes me think Quyen is fixing the the concerns with all the products i just haven't seen any recent posts on the Letus HD100 and hope some one will be gracious enough to respond to this post about how they are fairing with the Letus35 HD100...

Thanks Jamon

Quyen Le August 11th, 2006 01:21 AM

LetusHD100

I found some info here on LetusHD100.
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=60091&page=2

Jamon Lewis August 11th, 2006 01:29 AM

LOL! Thanks Quyen! I like your style! You will be seeing me via paypal very soon ;)!

Joe Carney August 14th, 2006 06:45 PM

So the latest LetusHD100 is finalized and shipping? Or still in beta?

Thanks in advance

Quyen Le August 14th, 2006 07:05 PM

It's finalized and shipping. You can expect the same quality as LetusXL since they both using the same relay lens, thanks.

Quyen

Robert Castiglione August 15th, 2006 03:42 AM

Letus for HD100

I just bought one for the HD111 and it should be here any day.

As soon as I have had a chance I will post my impressions.

Rob

Cheong Ying Sien August 15th, 2006 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quyen Le
It's finalized and shipping. You can expect the same quality as LetusXL since they both using the same relay lens, thanks.

Quyen

Hi Quyen

I bought the Letus Flipped Enhance 1 or 2 months back.. just wondering is the LetusXL or LetusHD 100 strictly for the Canons and JVC cameras? If they are, are you working on improving the Letus FE?

cheers
yingsien

Quyen Le August 15th, 2006 11:09 AM

LetusXL is for Canon XL cameras and LetusHD100 is for JVC HD100 cameras. There is no Work-in-progress at this moment for Letus35 Flip Enhanced. I will work on it when I have time in the future, thanks.

Quyen

Abel Vang August 15th, 2006 08:15 PM

for those of you who bought the letusHD100....please post some footages if possible.....i've seen footages from other adapters and they are not fully satisfying.....i'm really looking forward for this particular adapter

Tomasz Ostrowski August 19th, 2006 02:12 AM

Any news about LetusHD100 ??

Hello:)
I am waiting for the LetusHD100 examples...anybody finished the test??
I'm going to order this adapter if it'll work well.
Could you help me with my decision?
Thanks
Tomasz Ostrowski.

Robert Castiglione August 19th, 2006 06:37 AM

Tomasz, it will happen very soon. I am still waiting on my Letus to arrive for the HD100 in the post (hopefully this week) and as soon as it does I will do some tests and post them.

Rob

Bob Hart August 19th, 2006 10:01 AM

Rob.

I managed to find a local HD100 and did some furthur testing on my gadget and it needs a minor revision - sharp relay focus is right on the standard lens infinity setting and might go off with temperature changes as my JVC adaptation is a composite of turned aluminium and PVC bits.

So I need to shorten the rear mount cap very slightly, 0.5mm - 1mm .

HD100 images certainly look good via the standard Fujinon lens as a relay, so you should not be disappointed with direct relay.

Do you have a Lemac chart? If not I can provide. I would be interested in comparing the two systems.

Robert Castiglione August 19th, 2006 10:54 AM

Bob,

Sorry, I have not been in touch yet. I have been preparing for a shoot which is taking place this coming week but maybe we can get together Friday?

I will give you a call. Hopefully my much anticipated Letus will have arrived by then and we can make comparisons.

Rob

Toenis Liivamaegi August 21st, 2006 03:08 AM

Does HD100 focus assist work with LETUSHD?

Possibly a stupid question but does the focus assist on the JVC HD100 work with LETUSHD (flipped and with relay lens) attached since Fujinons are full manual lenses too?

Best regards,
T

Bob Hart August 21st, 2006 03:14 AM

I don't know how it works with the JVC but the feature on the FX1/Z1P electronically expands a central portion of the image and I do routinely use this, both for setting up relay focus (backfocus in the case of the Letus HD100) and for making sure my primary focus is correct.

I shall look up the JVC manual and if no one answers in the meantime I shall quote it later.