Letus Clarification at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old August 21st, 2006, 10:53 AM   #1
New Boot

Letus Clarification

Looking at the Letus site and reading the forums, I'm pretty confused over which adapter to buy.

The Letus35 Flip Enhanced looks like what I want, but it doesn't say what cameras it works with. The LetusXL page looks like just adapter rings and there is no mention of the LetusXL enhanced which is described on these forums.

I have an XL1s and I am looking for an adapter that will allow me to use my current Nikon primes. I want the image flip, and obviously the newest version of the adapter available.

I am also looking at upgrading to an XL H1 in the near future and ideally would like the same adapter to work on the new camera.

Thanks
E.J. Coughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2006, 10:58 AM   #2
Regular Crew

You want the LetusXL V.2. It's the newest best one for the XL line. It has everything you're looking for for future upgrades as well as working with your Nikon lens, and having flipped image.
Jacob Ehrichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2006, 11:44 AM   #3
New Boot

Ok then, a followup question. Is the LetusXL v2 the same price as the Letus35 Flip Enhanced ($700) or is it the price listed on the LetusXL page of $125.

Could the adapter that I want possibly be that cheap??
E.J. Coughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2006, 01:37 PM   #4
Major Player

Unfortunaly, quyens page is alittle confusing. those XL adapters areto simply mount a lens without Ground Glass, hence a 7.2X magnification. The Letus XL v.2 retails for around $900
Matthew Nayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2006, 01:42 PM   #5
Major Player

It's $900. I don't have it on my website yet since I don't want to be buried in the work load. Thanks.

Quyen

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods