Sneak peak: DIY smallest vibrating adaptor. - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old September 12th, 2006, 02:23 AM   #31
Major Player

CINEDOF™`s noise reducing screen holder doesn`t need even half the power required by motor manufacturer specs resulting in about twice the lifespan and quieter operational noise.
Oh, and see my EE-S screen samples used with it here: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...t=74356&page=2

Regs,
T
Toenis Liivamaegi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 12:35 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Can you re-iterate the costs for the parts once again? What is needed overall to create such an adapter? Thanks!
Rene Hinojosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 01:17 PM   #33
Major Player

Canon EE-S focusing screen $35.00
Made in China extension tubes for EOS (Nikon to be confirmed) $20.00 (x2 depends on camcorder)
Rubber lens hood with 55mm threads $5.00
Stepping ring from your camcorder lens thread to 55mm $5.00 (multiple may be needed to achieve greater distances)
Rechargeable battery with wires $3.00
Plus soon to be available CINEDOF™ noise reducing screen holder $50.00*
TOTAL: $118.00 without shipping

Additional parts depending on cameras would be:
One more set of extension tubes $20.00
Additional stepping rings $5.00 each
Canon 250D 58mm achromat $70.00 with matching stepping ring.

An as for rod support:
Cavision rod support for $150 or Bogen telephoto lens support for $60
Or DIY support of some kind. $?.00

Best regards,
T

*CINEDOF™ noise reducing screen holder will ship internationally for $5.00

Last edited by Toenis Liivamaegi; September 13th, 2006 at 01:08 AM.
Old September 12th, 2006, 02:24 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Can you stop down the EOS lens in this setup?

Edit: Sorry, stupid question. You uploaded footage with F1.2 and F16 ( F8? ;)
So it must be possible to stop the EOS lens down.
Thomas Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 02:49 PM   #35
Regular Crew

Thanks! Toenis.
Old September 13th, 2006, 12:31 AM   #36
Major Player

Thomas, EOS mount takes almost any SLR lens out there with lens mount adaptors except Canon`s own FD mount lenses. EF mount can take Nikon, Pentax K, M42, Olympus OM, Contax/Yashica and Leica R for example. So www.ebay.de will give European users many many good value lenses like f1.2 55mm Revuenon with Pentax K to EOS adapter.
Even EOS EF lens aperture can be unofficially pre dialed on any Canon EOS body with DOF preview button as follows: Set your desired lens aperture on EOS camera body then push the DOF preview button and unscrew the lens. Voila, aperture is set.
In the other hand aperture on electronic Nikon mount lenses without aperture ring will remain closed and are not usable with shallow DOF adaptor.

Best Regards,
T
Old September 20th, 2006, 01:24 AM   #37
Major Player

what kind of noise that CINEDOF™ vibrator makes

Maybe somebody is interested of what kind of noise that CINEDOF™ vibrator makes (44mb, on-board mic)
Qute nice sample too for sub $600 cam I think.

Best regards,
T
Old September 20th, 2006, 10:23 AM   #38
New Boot

Availability Date

Toenis, when will your vibrating piece be available for purchase? Will you give a student discount?
Sheldon Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2006, 12:11 PM   #39
Regular Crew

Yes, when will your website be up with a shopping cart?
Old September 29th, 2006, 11:28 PM   #40
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toenis Liivamaegi
Solomon, it really is quite solid design with minimal Z axis movement as leaf springs are 2mm thick but only 0.44mm thin. One can move it on Z only with brute force.

Rich, we are working on smaller diametre design but as thre are no good reliable vibraton motors smaller than 12mm it is really hard to hide those under the 35mm frame without affecting overall design.

Best regards,
T

Hey there. I asked about making it smaller and it doesn't look like it will work, but what about bigger? I have a Diffuser in mind, and I think it will work almost flawlessly with very minimal light loss and good bokeh. I'm looking for the diffuser slot to be the same but the diamater of the piece to hit the mark around 75mm, it will fit perfeclty in a 3inch thorlabs tube. Also pefect for everything else. What do you think? Will this be possible for extra money?
Rich Hibner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2006, 09:58 AM   #41
Major Player

It`s possible...

Well, actually, in beta testing stages we`ve been successfull with 55mm diametre vibration unit already that will fit cheap Nikon macro tubes too.
It could save Nikon users a $20 lens adaptor if nothing else.
And ofcourse it would certainly be possible to make bigger ones for extra money as it would require almost 75% more of that pricey special copolymer of what our units are made of.

Rich, PM me if you want to beta test that bigger unit to let everyone know if it`s possible to assemble that into a thorlab`s 3" and fit it to a camcorder somehow.

Cheers,
T
Old September 30th, 2006, 11:22 AM   #42
Major Player

T,

I'm talking to a guy who has a cnc machine. I'll get with you asap when I find out if he can make some parts for me. Thanks. And, I'll have to get with you on this diffuser I'm talking about. I think it's going to be a really good diffuser.

-Rh
Old October 1st, 2006, 12:42 AM   #43
Major Player

Arlight, I did some analyzing, I supopse that's the word, and the thorlabs tube is out of the question. The tube is 3inches in diameter leaving it pretty impossible to get a step down ring to anything. T, how are you placing your "piece" in the extension tube. Is it so snug it doesn't move at all? You custom cnc? I have a .pdf if you can give me an email address to send it to for you to look at. It would be perfect for your piece.

-Rh
Old October 1st, 2006, 10:22 AM   #44
Major Player

Is there a step-up to the 3" tube? I really wish ThorLabs would make a 2.5" tube :(
Old October 1st, 2006, 01:32 PM   #45
Major Player

Yeah, me too. I've looked and nothing so far I come across makes a 75mm step up or down.
Rich Hibner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods