Brevis or M2: I can't decide on what 35mm adapter to get for my HVX200E - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old October 3rd, 2006, 06:39 PM   #16
New Boot

For what it is worth, I will be doing my own little test, standoff, between the Brevis and the M2 - I own a M2 right now, but will be getting the Brevis as fast as Dennis ships it out to me - I will shoot in a variety of locations and lighting conditions and will finally put it to rest for all you buyers on the fence..

I'll post a link in this forum once it is complete!
Richard Darge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2006, 11:26 PM   #17
Trustee

There is no question whatsoever that the M2 is a pain to set up. Most everyone I know who uses the M2 has a camera devoted to it. The Brevis is much easier. The easiest of all is the Letus35XL which literally takes a couple seconds but that is ONLY an option on the XL cams. For other cameras, the M2 or Brevis is the way to go IMHO...

ash =o)
Ash Greyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2006, 11:03 PM   #18
Major Player

We have a few of the diffuser option kits going out now, just to make comparison shoots even more complicated.

I'm also scaring up an HVX to do some test with these LOMO OCT19 cinema lenses.

Leonard the zoom and focus settings will vary depending on shoot mode and the 35mm lens used. The important thing is that there is plenty of room left for zooming and framing as the Brevis GG image is relatively large.
Dennis Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2006, 08:23 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Wood
We have a few of the diffuser option kits going out now, just to make comparison shoots even more complicated.
Whatchutalkinbout Willis!? When did these go out!? I wasn't informed?! Ohhh the travesty of it all:(
Greg Bates is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods