Pre-order CINEDOF™ static or vibrating screen holder, for 2" Thorlabs too! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old November 14th, 2006, 06:11 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Yeah sorry, Ive got my diagram round the wrong way, the number arrows are weird, instead of bullet pointed numbers at the beginning then the description the numbers are at the end of the description with the next one next to the number, very confusing.

But ok if we view through the prism - condensing lens - focusing screen - mirror - lens assembly then wont this work........

Forget the prism and mirror as they are only for projecting the image the right way through the viewfinder.

Say the camcorder is the eye looking through the viewfinder then it passes through the condensing lens and focusing screen then through the lens assembly shouldnt the image be perfect providing the distances are correct etc. Or is it just that our eyes dont see the grain but the camcorder will, thats probably it isnt it?
Old November 14th, 2006, 06:18 PM   #17
Major Player

While looking through the viewfinder, the lens is probably wide open all the time so that means less grain, also, depending on the focusing screen, the ones that have extremely fine grain are usually no good for an adapter, since they do not diffuse enough for that purpose, giving ugly hazy bokeh.
Old November 14th, 2006, 06:37 PM   #18
Regular Crew

So has the Canon EE-S screen or any other screen setup been perfected on Toenis's holder as people have said that ghosting and artifacting occurs. When it does work is there a noticable difference between the static and vib setup? Is this a suitable solution for 35mm filming or does more research need doing. I only ask as whilst waiting for patent filing I have taken an interest in the other threads in this forum.
Old November 15th, 2006, 05:58 AM   #19
Major Player

See here for EE-S screen evaluation and latest tests
Toenis Liivamaegi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2006, 01:55 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Toenis Liivamaegi

Here are a few still shows taking from footage using:

the panasonic pv-gs300
a adapter made using the Canon EE-A focusing screen, a 10x asian macro, and the Canon EOS extension tubes

I took plastic from a cd case to make the holder. With a better holder, like you vibrating one and a better macros, I think this would be a decent adapter.

I'm posting the still to show another POV, as far as using the canon EE-a Focusing screen.

I do have one question. do you accept paypal?
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-order CINEDOF™ static or vibrating screen holder, for 2" Thorlabs too!-image0.jpg   Pre-order CINEDOF™ static or vibrating screen holder, for 2" Thorlabs too!-image1.jpg  

Pre-order CINEDOF™ static or vibrating screen holder, for 2" Thorlabs too!-image2.jpg   Pre-order CINEDOF™ static or vibrating screen holder, for 2" Thorlabs too!-image3.jpg  

Pre-order CINEDOF™ static or vibrating screen holder, for 2" Thorlabs too!-image4.jpg  
Paul Watkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2006, 03:31 AM   #21
Major Player

Paul, I assume that your design was static and matte side of the EE-A screen was facing your camcorder lens? BTW I have sent you an e-mail too.
Why are you using 10x macro on Panasonic GS300? As far as I know it should focus on 35mm frame without any resulting in much better image quality and edge sharpness. We have tested it with GS150 and GS500 without macro and it worked well, no chromatic abberations or edge softness. Even HVX200 almost made it without macros, but almost.

Regs,
T
Old November 29th, 2006, 05:02 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Toenis, I have sent you an e-mail regarding using paypal as a method to purchase one of your screen holders.

I have a pretty interesting DIY concept that I thought up using some PVC Tubes. as opposed to the thorlabs tubes. I just need a screen holder and one of those EE-S Screens.
Chris Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 12:17 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Yep. I can't get the moneybooker account working too. There's no way I can send you the money.
Can we use paypal for payment? It is much more common and safer than moneybooker i think.
If you do. I could make my payment immediately.
Lau Ho Ming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 01:39 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Moneybooker.com keeps telling me my transaction failed. Paypal is your best bet. I've been veried for five years or so.
Paul Watkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 02:51 PM   #25
Regular Crew

**WARNING**

Be careful with moneybookers, I and many people have been getting dodgy emails from nigeria claiming to be from moneybooker.com. They ask for your details and stuff and steal your money. Theres loads of scams like this so be careful everyone!!
Old December 2nd, 2006, 06:05 AM   #26
Regular Crew

Yea Toenis.
You want the cash and we want the gg holder.
Let's get a Paypal account and everyone is happy. :)
Lau Ho Ming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 10:25 AM   #27
Major Player

We are using PayPal every day but unfortunately only for payments as it is not allowed to recieve funds when merchant is registered in one of the new European Union countries like Estonia.

It seems that only problem with Moneybookers is with customers with middle name or the like are being rejected by the system. As this is major problem for our business we are doing our best to solve it.

If someone knows better alternative to Moneybookers, besides PayPal let me know.

We are accepting IBAN transactions within EU.

BTW Tony, it seems you have never dealt with Moneybookers money requests so please don`t disinform potential customers.

Best regards,
T
Old December 2nd, 2006, 11:03 AM   #28
Regular Crew

Toenis,

How was I disinforming potential customers? I was purely making people aware of fraudulent emails that are currently circulating with people claiming to be moneybookers requesting details for supposed money transfers that dont exist, this is not disinforming. And for your information I have used them before, their office is about 200ft away from mine I actually know someone who works there and they too are aware of this problem so please dont assume.

The link below is a screen grab of many fraudulent emails I and many people I know have received supposedly from moneybookers. It says the payment is from moneybookers 3@mercantrade .com. mercantrade.com is an african registered domain used by many nigerians and other africans.

http://www.geocities.com/anthonyrelph/moneybookers.tiff

All I know is that my customers security and safety comes first when transfering money. Your priorities many be different. I was trying to do a nice thing and warn people JUST INCASE but I shall not bother in the future if thats what people want.

Last edited by Tony Relph; December 2nd, 2006 at 11:42 AM.
Tony Relph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2006, 04:34 PM   #29
Regular Crew

Hi Paul,

The 5 images above, what adapter setup did you use, static or vibrating?

Not bad images, the odd speck on the screen but all in all not bad.
Old December 3rd, 2006, 11:53 PM   #30
Regular Crew

Hey Tony,

the design was static. I'm working on a vibrating model . the problem is the gg holder. If I had a good gg holder that dampens the sound and localizes the vibration I would have no spots. Hence, my interest in this forum

please share any info on the matter.
Paul Watkins is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods