Redrock DIY Adapter Replacement GG at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old November 6th, 2006, 12:16 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Redrock DIY Adapter Replacement GG

About a year ago I ordered the Redrock DIY manual which included the ground glass to mount on the DVD motor.

I seem to recall that the purchase of the book and the disk, entitled me to buy a replacement disk, if it was damaged or I needed it.

I didn't do anything with this until this weekend, when I decided to give it a go. I actually got something together that might work well, though I made some of my own modifications.

When I pulled the disk out of the envelope, I noted it had some pretty heavy finger prints on it. Not sure if that came from me just looking at it a year ago, or what, put it seemed to be on the "ground glass" side, which had the protective cover on it.

At any rate, I wasn't able to find the documentation which indicated a I could get one replacement disk.

Am I imagining that, and am I stuck with ordering a new book just to get a clean disk ?
Old November 6th, 2006, 12:47 PM   #2
Regular Crew

As of last time I was on their site they were still offering replacement GG for the DIY guides, but the price went up to around 30 bucks if i recall. You'd be better off posting on the red rock boards to get the correct info though.
Keith Kline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2006, 12:50 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Thanks, Keith, I will check it out.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods