DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   Battery mount for rod support (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/79360-battery-mount-rod-support.html)

Tony Relph November 10th, 2006 09:14 PM

Battery mount for rod support

Hi everyone,

With each camera kit for the MINI35 comes a battery mount to plug into the adapter. Are there battery mounts like that (or simillar) available to buy that I can adapt to fit my prototype rod support. I was thinking of using a low profile battery charger and opening it up to modify it to give power to the DiGi35 then add a bracket to enable it to fit on the rod support, like the MINI35 does. Not fussed on which make; Sony, Panasonic, Canon, JVC, just want it so as I can use camcorder batteries and have the benefit of quickly changing them. Any ideas????

Thanks,

Sam Jankis November 10th, 2006 11:31 PM

Does your motor use that much juice?

Honestly, it'd be cool if you just used AA or AAA batteries... but if you really want to do the "one battery for all" thing, go with the Anton Bauer mounts. Then you can power the camera, the 35mm adapter, an lcd monitor, whatever... but go with the high amp Anton Bauers.

Tony Relph November 11th, 2006 06:52 AM

Its mainly for the LCD monitor and add-on viewfinder. Does you or anyone you know where the battery mounts are available?

Sam Jankis November 11th, 2006 11:25 AM

Well, what you need to do first is standardize the power plugs from your 35mm adapter, lcd monitor, and camera. Go with the common 4 pin XLR. Most pro monitors have this plug. So all you have to do is get the right voltage to the camera and the adapter.
This is a custom job and I'd buy such a kit if it were available.

Link to AB battery mounts

Tony Relph November 11th, 2006 01:12 PM

Yeah I looked at those already but they seem too big for me. The MINI35 battery pack is a nice size, it takes the battery relevent to the camera is that correct? I would be looking to use something like that but I dont know where to get them from. Is there anywhere I can get these battery mounts? or will a camcorder battery charging mount work (Power reversed)?

Sam Jankis November 11th, 2006 05:12 PM

You won't be able to power the camera AND the lcd monitor on a stock camera battery... not enough amperage.

Tony Relph November 11th, 2006 05:48 PM

How does the MINI35 work then, does anyone know? The movieTUBE uses an Anton Bauer mount doesnt it? Does anyone know which mount the MT uses?

Tony Relph November 11th, 2006 06:30 PM

What about a Sony V-mount? That should work. It is also one of the smaller better looking mounts.

Tony Relph November 11th, 2006 07:48 PM

Does anyone know where I can get Fischer 2 and 4 pin connectors and sockets?? I can seem to find anywhere in the UK

Toenis Liivamaegi November 14th, 2006 02:18 AM

Fischer`s are the most reliable and most expensive connectors you can get (£20 to £100 per connector) for low amp connections.
As far as I know those are speciality connectors not available from usual sources.

Try to get a direct quotation if you are a corporate buyer www.fischerconnectors.com

T

Tony Relph November 14th, 2006 02:54 AM

Yeah cheers Toenis I found the place yesterday. The prices are £8.95 for the 2 pin and £12.95 for the 4 pin. The person I spoke to at the GB office (Brian Rees) was really helpful he said that they are ARRI standard so I also spoke to my contact at ARRI and he has also told me what is wanted by customers that use 35mm adapters in the way of connectors.

Thanks,