New HD100 Footage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old November 21st, 2006, 05:25 PM   #1
Major Player

New HD100 Footage

I hope this doens't violate any cross posting rules, it's a different post with a common link.
I posted it on the JVC thread because a number of people there were asking if I could post footage with the new Letus HD100.

A lot of people have been asking for examples here as well so I wanted to put a link here too.

I can't really show any of our production work, but these are some tests shot around our farm trying to show some different DOF and how the system handles saturated colors and strong natural light.

Even with using h.264, the shots aren't nearly as vibrant as the actual footage. Everything was shot with a Nikon 50mm f/1.2 in the last minutes of golden hour.

http://homepage.mac.com/jimgiberti/FileSharing5.html
Jim Giberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2006, 09:03 PM   #2
Regular Crew

The footage looks beautiful. I can only imagine what the original footage must look like. What did your indoor tests yield? Is it easy to light the HD100 w/ the letus indoors?.
Paul Watkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2006, 09:23 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Watkins
The footage looks beautiful. I can only imagine what the original footage must look like. What did your indoor tests yield? Is it easy to light the HD100 w/ the letus indoors?.
Thanks Paul, yeah as easy as lighting for standard/film video except that you need to feed it a stop of light more because of the inherent light loss. Of course you want to run your prime iris as wide as possible much of the time so it balances out so far pretty well.
I put these little snipets up so anyone interested could at least pause the different setups with foreground and background objects in tight focus or out, as well as long shots like the dogs jumping in the water to see how it handles action etc.
I've got another indoor clip I'll put up if you like
Jim Giberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2006, 10:21 PM   #4
Trustee

I know I'd love to see it...could you get a pic of your setup as well? I'd like to see how people are using these in the real world. Rods? Follow focus?
Old November 22nd, 2006, 12:20 AM   #5
New Boot

Oh No! the links down... I've been waiting for this footage!
Cory Lange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 03:13 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Lange
Oh No! the links down... I've been waiting for this footage!
Download overload at .macville
I need some place else to put it.
In the meantime, I've noticed that folks are able to post stills in their posts at times is that doable...Chris?
Is there a protocol?
I'd be happy to put up some stills from the different tests.
Jim Giberti is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods