DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   SGpro's R2 achromat, soon available - £99 ($194) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/80712-sgpros-r2-achromat-soon-available-99-194-a.html)

Wayne Kinney November 30th, 2006 05:56 PM

SGpro's R2 achromat, soon available - £99 ($194)

Hello,

We will soon be making the SGpro's r2 HD achromat available as a seperate item for £99 ($194). It is be in a black anodized 72mm threaded ring (male and female) and fully Anti reflection coated. It is the same achromat used in the SGpro r2 units, and has been tested with the HVX200 and HD100. Its strength is roughly +8 (little stronger the the CO +7)

Toenis Liivamaegi December 1st, 2006 04:01 AM

Wayne rules!

Seriously, I`m just looking for 72mm HD achromat that would allow close focusing on ca 30x20mm frame with Canon XHA1 from the mod distance of 50-65mm.

Cheers,
T

Wayne Kinney December 1st, 2006 04:37 AM

Yep, i've aready sold a few of these (just the glass) to a few people making there DIYadapters, all have been happy.

Toenis Liivamaegi January 15th, 2007 10:46 AM

Distance between GG and the SGpro achromat?

Hi Wayne, please can you help me out here a little.
I have been playing around with the SGpro achromat but unfortunately I haven`t been able to focus Canon XH A1 properly on 35mm frame.
What am I doing wrong? Achromat`s distance from the gg is somewhere between 40-50mm would that be the reason? It`s positioned about 15mm in front of the camcorder lens.
I tend to believe that the distance between the achro and GG is too short.
Also which side should face the camcorder?

Thanks in Advance,
T

Wayne Kinney January 15th, 2007 11:04 AM

Hi,

Do you have a condenser in the path as well? If not and its just the achromat, then this might be just a little too short distance.

If you have a condenser lens about 4 - 6mm in front of the GG, you might be able to achieve focus then. Its a combination of all these variables.

Toenis Liivamaegi January 15th, 2007 11:32 AM

I´m using frensel focusing screen. I`ll cut a custom holder for the achromat and experiment with the longer distance.

Thanks,
T

Wayne Kinney January 15th, 2007 11:59 AM

Hi,

Ok, the fresnel will not help focus wise then. Keep increasing distance until you find focus.

Also, test both orientations of the achromat to see what works best for you.

Toenis Liivamaegi February 2nd, 2007 06:27 AM

Two achromats doubble the power?

Wayne, might it be possible to use two of SGpro R2 achromats to shorten the overall length of the adaptor? Will two achromats result in more powerful achromat? Check your mail when you get the time, I`ve sent you an additional e-mail too.

Thanks,
T

Phil Bloom February 2nd, 2007 03:02 PM

Hi Wayne

Would this solve some of the edge to edge sharpness issues we had when testing the m2 and the brevis?

Phil

Lau Ho Ming February 2nd, 2007 04:07 PM

So when will it be available?(Approximate date?)

Wayne Kinney February 10th, 2007 05:07 PM

Hi,

OK guys, we have the sample 72mm threaded black aluminium ring all done, and its really nice! Im ordering a batch on monday, they should arrive in 3 weeks.

So that's the SGpro R2 achromat in a black aluminium 72mm threaded ring for £99

Phil Bloom February 10th, 2007 06:10 PM

How will this compare to the redrock/ brevis one wayne?

Wayne Kinney February 10th, 2007 07:00 PM

Hi Phil,

Now there's a tough one to answer;) Your shootout results show the SGpro's images to be sharpest and although the M2 was not setup as well as it could be, I strongly believe this was down to the SGpro's achromat. I've had a little look at both the Redrock and brevis achromat's and they seem pretty much the same.

Phil Bloom February 11th, 2007 06:19 AM

I will certainly be interested in getting one! is it your 58mm achromat with a 72mm thread?

Wayne Kinney February 11th, 2007 06:48 AM

Yes its the SGpro's Rev2 achromat that we used in the shootout (51mm dia) in a 72mm threaded ring.