How much faith can I put in the new 35mm adapters? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old February 2nd, 2007, 08:51 AM   #16
Trustee

The web is so big - I can't believe you're suggesting these guys should single out and find your thread titled "How much faith can I put in the new 35mm adapters" and then respond to it. What about MPIC, PS Technik, MovieTube, Letus35.. . . they should reply too?

I undertstand you meant failure of the unit due to a defect or something while my example was dropping it on the floor. In either case no manufacturer is going to directly insure you during a production. Sorry that's the only point I was trying to make.

Even an "overnight" courier is not going to help you when you've already paid for a location, staff, crew, talent, equipment rentals, craft services, etc..

Lucky for you though, you're in London so if you went for SGpro I'm sure Wayne could do something for you if you were in a real crunch.
Dennis Hingsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2007, 09:17 AM   #17
Regular Crew

[QUOTE=Dennis Hingsberg]The web is so big - I can't believe you're suggesting these guys should single out and find your thread titled "How much faith can I put in the new 35mm adapters" and then respond to it. What about MPIC, PS Technik, MovieTube, Letus35.. . . they should reply too?

Again if you read my very first post I'm not comparing the new cheaper adapters to PS Technik and MPIC etc.

So no I'm not suggesting that these guys should reply.
Stephen Pipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2007, 05:06 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Kinney

Sorry for not replying sooner, my grandmother passed away just over a week ago, we have the funneral today in about 3 hours time. Fitting in posts and emails has been hard this week.

My condolences, Wayne.
Ian Lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2007, 03:27 PM   #19
Regular Crew

It would still be great to hear from a few others.
Old March 20th, 2007, 05:31 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Hi Stephen, G'day everyone,

Still in Melbourne although finish work next week now then having a break with family and kids for a few weeks across the rest of Australia then back to sunny London :(

With regards to your question Stephen I totally understand where you are coming from, in fact I believe that in the UK warranties are suppose to be standard on any form of product being sold anything from 3-12 months I believe.

When the DiGi35 comes out (EVENTUALLY!, BEFORE SUMMER) a standard 1 year warranty will come as standard, although this will only cover certain parts (electronics, rail parts and battery mount) the adapter itself is a static device so no moving parts (electrics is for power, monitor etc) so any damage caused to the screen will likely be due to customer handling (dropping it etc) although this will be more detailed and finalized before release. Other then that, delivery will be insured, parts will be available and if any electronic faults (not down to customer) will be repaired and redelivered to customer at no expense.

Currently using 6 DiGi35's over here at the moment filming. Final adapter design completed and manufacturing line setup. Obviously when I get back I will detail further. I'm hopefully seeing Phil Bloom when I get back (BTW Phil, made an adapter for the DiGi35 for XDCAM, using one over here, plus 1/4" available. I've used the PDW-350 and I want one!!!, wicked camera!!).

I see your in London too Stephen, when I get back maybe we could all meet up.

Anyway, off to take kids out for some fun as they are screaming in my ear, speak soon everyone.

Tony Relph.

(BTW Bob, are there many red backs in Perth cos there is bloody loads here in Vic, LOL. They mainly stick to their webs but missus goes absolutely mad when she sees them, LOL. I'll email you later today Bob, cheers.)

See ya.
Old March 20th, 2007, 05:32 PM   #21
Regular Crew

BTW Wayne, sorry to hear your news, hope all is well.
Old March 21st, 2007, 07:40 AM   #22
Inner Circle

Tony.

Yep. We get redbacks. There was even a song writ about one over east. "There was a redback on the toilet seat when I got home last night. I didn't see him down there but I sure did feel his bite".

Still we don't get Sydney funnel webs which will drop you stone dead given time and lack of intervention. Those are apparently related to america's black widow.

We've got another nasty over here called a white tail. Those things give you a nip and you get an unresolving ulcer. Some people have even got flesh-eating bug from it. But mostly we get by without being bitten and there's always the insect spray.

I generally leave them all alone as they deal with the mosquitoes. I've had RR so, not looking forward to a second dose of that, I take my chances with the wingless bities.

In times past, what really made your day was when some idiot kids got into a mud and sand fight alongside the ocean up north and you were caught in the crossfire, a clod of mud stuck and in centre of it was a blueringed octopus. (One of the sea's most deadly creatures.).

You asked yourself is this your graduation day as you gently bended forward and waited for it to drop off with the mud and hoped and prayed the thing didn't decide to move.

You later learned the kids had been catching and throwing blue ringed octopuses at each other for the best part of the past hour. Another of their pastimes was to stir up seasnakes with thrown rocks and gidgees, then go and swim through them.

Something like the mentality of the Japanese eating puffer fish. The thrill being the knowing you lived. They were welcome to it. These days, the current teen crop apparently do their risk taking with drugs, alcohol and cannabis. - safer but also kind of sad.

Last edited by Bob Hart; March 21st, 2007 at 07:42 AM. Reason: spell error.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2007, 11:26 AM   #23
Regular Crew

Tony

I'm glad as a potential manufacturer you can see the importance of a warranty.

It would be great to meet up when your in town and check out your product.

Stephen
Old March 25th, 2007, 01:48 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Hi wayne

Hope all is well. It seems like the SGpro is going from strength to strength, with the new developments and new products.

I know you didn't have time to answer the question a couple of months a go when I posted it, but it's great to see you back on the board again.

I wondered if you offered a similar 1 year warranty like Tony intends to when he releases his adapter?

Thanks stephen
Stephen Pipe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods