35mm adaptors and jvc hd200/250 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old May 5th, 2008, 03:12 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Richards View Post
Just wanted to say that the P+S technik relay found on the mini35, is not F1.0! The markings on the P+S lens do not correspond to the appropriate F-stop. After taking the P+S relay apart (and the entire adapter), we found that the P+S relay for the mini35 is a rehoused Schnider optics lens with a maximum aperture of around f2-2.2.
BURNN!!!!! (on charles) lol. you my friend Hunter are tech savvy if you took apart that relay. I myself am building a relay for a 2/3" Sony Cinealta Camera head. since the focal flange distanse of c-mount smaller than the ffd of the cinealta, i took apart the backfocus part of the c-mount lens and am sliding the optics around trying to allow it to focus further away from itself. Can you offer advice on this? i wish we could remove the uv filter to push the lens further in the camera but that would be dangerous no?
Forrest Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2008, 04:27 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Bloom View Post
anyone tried this combo yet, with the built in flip it could be the perfect camera for the adaptors.
We've been using the 200e with a Letus Extreme on hire for a month or so now. In camera flip obviously not needed with the Extreme but I've been very happy with the results. The main drawback is the ridiculous size of rig you end up with. Other points of notice is that the point of focus on the ground glass is right on the end of the focus range on the stock lens, almost overlapping into Macro. It can be a bit awkward getting this right.

Now, I've placed an order with Zacuto for our Letus and rails support. They are very kindly carrying out a test tomorrow to ascertain which baseplate and rail setup is best for the JVC. I'll let you know the results. We use standard wedge plate and want the LEX to use the same, so you have to consider all the different variants in mounting the LEX before buying rails. I found the Letus rails kit very poor. It just kept falling apart everytime we moved the rig.

The main reason for buying the Letus was the fact that they are bringing out a relay for the JVC so we can mount direct to JVC without the lens. However, apart from one message on their forum over a year ago we've heard NOTHING from Letus on the whereabouts of this relay. This site is full of speculation and rumour regarding this relay in terms of price and availability. It's about time Letus made an official statement like a proper company should to kill all the speculation.

Letus....are you listening? There are a lot of people out here who want to get their hands on the relay! When will it be available and what is the price going to be! Answers please!
Stuart Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2008, 09:52 PM   #18
Regular Crew

I just heard a rumor from myself that there will be a new affordable relay system for the jvc 100/200 series cameras coming very soon.
Old May 19th, 2008, 12:10 AM   #19
Major Player

hunter. could you explain more. I have gotten 80% close to actually building a relay for the Sony XDcam cinealta series but the resulting image has been too soft. I am using a C-mount lens that i modified to get more focus range out of it. You mentioned you took apart ps tecniks relay system. could you possibly give any information on what lens they are using for their relay. it would be very helpful. Thank you!
Forrest Schultz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods