Brevis, M2, SGpro, Go35Pro Viewfinder Flip and Rotate at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old March 5th, 2007, 11:20 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Brevis, M2, SGpro, Go35Pro Viewfinder Flip and Rotate

Users of Non-Flip adapters:

I'd like to start a discussion on the potential value of having a upright image in the camcorder viewfinder instead of having to use a external LCD monitor or the magnet trick.

I have discussed design and pricing from an engineering firm on a device that enables corrected viewing through the camcorders viewfinder and I'm trying to gauge the overall interest from users of non-flip adapters.

In your response please include what you would think is a reasonable price for such a device. If enough users value this device at an appropriate price, it can be available within a very short lead time.

Thanks for discussing.

Donnie Wagner

Last edited by Donnie Wagner; March 6th, 2007 at 09:20 AM.
Donnie Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 04:23 PM   #2
Trustee

I hardly use my VF as it is. And seeing as how focus is crucial, I can't imagine anyone investing in such a device, especially at the VF's resolution, when the money would be better spent on an external LCD that gives proper focusing resolution anyway. In my eyes the VF is (only) used best sans adapter, and even then I find the LCD to be leaps ahead.

Sorry to be the LCD-touting grouch. :( I wouldn't pay any more than $50 for such a small convenience.

Last edited by Ben Winter; March 5th, 2007 at 05:10 PM.
Ben Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 06:31 PM   #3
Inner Circle

If it were an enhanced and larger HD viewfinder, connect, maybe, to the BNC on my FX1, it might consider it. Right now, I can have the lcd open, and for composition, and still use viewfinder for focusing.

Incidentally, I wear "readers" for close work. I but my 2.25 diopters don't get me detail enough when I use the LCD. So I got a pair of 3.25's just for focus work.
Old March 6th, 2007, 12:20 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I'd pay 1000 dollars for an HVX lcd that was 640X480 and could flip with a switch. Beter yet i'd trade you my marshal for it.
Charles Hurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2007, 12:54 AM   #5
Inner Circle

As an aside, the FX1, actually displays both on the LCD and in the viewfinder when you are using a magnet to flip the LCD. The viewfinder does show inverted image, however.
Old March 6th, 2007, 09:18 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Hurley View Post
I'd pay 1000 dollars for an HVX lcd that was 640X480 and could flip with a switch. Beter yet i'd trade you my marshal for it.
Confused... Do you mean you want 640X480 on the HVX's flip-out-LCD screen that could flip&rotate the image with a switch?
Donnie Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2007, 07:25 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Screw that... I want a 1080p LCD flipout!
Jon Wolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2007, 02:43 PM   #8
Trustee

shooting using the JVC hd200 and my brevis is a joy due to the internal flip for both lcd/viewfinder and recording. it is so easy to use and I have no problems getting focus. For hand held there is nothing better out there

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods