Maxell ground glass at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old March 17th, 2007, 10:22 AM   #1
New Boot

Maxell ground glass

Hey, i have just started to build my 35mm adapter and i bought a pack of maxell cds on ebay, and i just wanted to make sure that this is the right pack for ground glass:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...0928&rd=1&rd=1
Andrew Clunie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2007, 12:26 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi Andrew,

Search for 'AGUS' on this forum and you will get a lot of info on ground CD. Alot of improvement has been achieved in DIY adaptors with regards to using ground glass.

Here is the page.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...highlight=agus
Alex Chong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2007, 06:07 AM   #3
New Boot

Thanks, i know that thread, but i was wondering if that was the pack that comes with the frosted cd.
Andrew Clunie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2007, 06:28 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Andrew,

I am not sure but you will probably find that the frosted cd will not give you a good image. You will need to ground the cd further with fine grit. You will probably go tru alot of cds before getting a good one, even then its still won't give you a good image.

Why not look into using a focusing screen like Canon EE screen instead? Use as a static adaptor, you will get far better image than with a cd, even if it is rotating. Ground CD is like the first version of 35mm adaptor, so many versions have come out its probably best for you to use the latest idea for your adaptor.

But if it is experience you want, cd will probably do.

Edited: Sorry just realised you have bought the cds. Any frosted cd will do, but you will find you need to ground it some more before you can use it.
Alex Chong is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods