Letus Flip and Canon XHA1 - Quick and Dirty Test - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old March 29th, 2007, 05:13 PM   #16
Disjecta

I believe that's normal but you should email Quyen. He will reply swiftly.

Quyen is a great guy and very reliable. I have no problems recommending his product.
Old March 29th, 2007, 07:55 PM   #17
Trustee

So let me ask another question of those of you with this bad boy. If I so desired, what is to stop me from just putting this out on the end of my H1 lens and not using an adapter with a relay lens? Would it still work? Are you guys using rails? I don't want to end up in the same boat Steven was in where a 28mm lens is a 50mm.

Also, can you briefly explain how you setup your A1 to focus on the ground glass? How far do you need to zoom and what is your Fstop? Do you keep your electronic fstop constant on your camera and control exposure with the iris on the 35mm lens?

Thanks.
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2007, 08:27 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Marty, in general, since I don't have A1, but use an FX1 with my own self built adapter, you actually have double duty on everything. You have to zoom to just be sure you are inside any vignette, but not zoom too much that you lose focus. You have to focus on the screen. The achromat is what allows you to get such close focus.

After get that set, uou will probably set your 35mm lens between wide open and F4, and then adjust your video camera for proper exposure. I usually run shutter at 1/60, so I play with the camera fstop, ND filters, and gain from there. These adapters do gobble up light, so you may be needing light in situations that you might otherwise not consider.
Old April 6th, 2007, 01:35 AM   #19
Major Player

Steven it looks nice, somewhat soft, and less saturated, that what I've discovered also with mini35 adapter(P+S).
Have you tried to match color, saturation via settigns of A1 to match colors and saturation with and without Letus?
Regards, Oleg
Oleg Kalyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 12:41 AM   #20
Regular Crew

I have just recently purchased my A1, and so far I am very happy with it, but your footage has really opened my eyes to the concept of an adapter purchase at some point in the future.

How sturdy is the camera when set up in this way? Looking at the Letus website it seems as though the length of the lens is greatly increased, and I wonder about the extra weight being supported by the lens barrel? Is it likely to cause any damage to the camera through continued use? Do you have some kind of rails or other supporting mount for it?

I guess what am am really looking for is an idiots guide to this kind of add-on, what the real pros and cons are, is there an existing thread that would cover this sort of question?
John Lewis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods