Just ordered my Letus35 fe! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old March 29th, 2007, 03:29 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Just ordered my Letus35 fe!

Hi,
i'm really excited and waiting. It will come tomorrow or next week. Very fast delivery time.
I will post footage as soon as it comes. I already ordered a Nikon Nikkor 28-85 at ebay (like new).
Giovanni Speranza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2007, 02:31 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Look around Pawn Shops and Used Camera Shops

Try to stick with prime lenses vs zooms because of better glass. You can find manual focus lenses at good prices. If you have any pawn shops, camera shops try to get AIS lenses vs non-AI...but for the letus it doesn't matter unless you have a digital SLR, then AIS is a must since NON-AI will screw up the camera. Personally, I prefer older lenses that were made in Japan vs those new digitals that were made from Thailand. I is night and day in output because of the quality of the glass used back then.
Cary Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2007, 02:02 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hey Giovanni

Please keep us informed on your experiences when you get it. I'm seriously thinking about buying a Letus35 myself (non flip version) and I'd like to know how long it takes to ship to our beautiful country and how much duty you had to pay (even though your flip version might be heavier and maybe a bit more expensive dutywise).

Thanks in advance and...tanti saluti da Basilea! ;)
Enea Lanzarone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2007, 07:25 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Ok, i will ;)
Old April 12th, 2007, 04:18 PM   #5
Tourist

Wait...so non AI lenses on the letus will screw up your camera?
Allen Laseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2007, 05:26 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Laseter View Post
Wait...so non AI lenses on the letus will screw up your camera?
Your still camera, I think he is say. Shouldn't hurt Letus or video camera...
Old April 12th, 2007, 05:34 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Ok, i did my first tests and here are some comments:
Advantages:
1- GROUND GLASS
the ground glass has a 4:3 shape, and it's exactly in the center of the image, it's easy to zoom in it and focus the gound glass grain. There is no angle loss, the whole 35mm image is transferred to tape. (or almost, because the angles are a little bit rounded, but assuming that the TV post eats 10% of the image, there is no problem for TV broadcasting, instead if you use it for internet, just zoom in some 5% and you are ok) The centered, 35mm film shaped ground glass is inviting, very inviting, unlike the spinning cd of the micro35 which has vignetting everywhere and has no real boundaries.

2- IMAGE QUALITY
I had the chance to try extensively the Redrock M2 and this Letus.
The letus35 flip enhanced is way ahead in terms of image sharpness and quality. There are no artifacts.

3- DUST
If you go to the letus site, there is a disclaimer: Letus35 is not cleaned at the factory, and it's up to the client to do that. Once you accept that disclaimer you accept the little work involved in cleanind the inside of the Letus. As seen in other posts, there are a lots of great suggestions of how to clean it. I really didn't had to disassemble it. I just removed 2 screws to detach the front cilinder, then i cleaned it just throwing inside compressed air. (sorry for my bad english, i'm swiss).
Now i'm waiting for my next lenses (Nikkor 50mm 1.2, 1.4 and 85mm 1.8 ,and my cavision rod support) then i will post some footage.

CONCLUSION:
i'm totally impressed by the transparency of the Letus35 flip process. The video image becomes even nicer because it loses it's digital aspect, without losing sharpness. Congrats to Quyen.
I'm excited because i finally have the ability to acheive a film or photo look without problems.
Old April 14th, 2007, 12:19 AM   #8
Inner Circle

Are you noticing any vibrating red in your Letus shots ?. Check the toy car out in background on this Letus shot.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y2763PSV
Old April 14th, 2007, 11:36 AM   #9
Trustee

I noticed vibrating with my Letus35A and my HC1, but I turned off Image Stabilizing and strapped it down to my rails to make sure it didn't move. Is that what you are talking about?
David Delaney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods