Nivea Creme on Letus GG??? = degrain image??? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old May 14th, 2007, 01:41 PM   #16
Major Player

Tomasz,

can you post any picks of your adapter? I just had my dvx upgraded with the andromeda setup and the grain I get with my letus way too noticeable. Either I need to fix it or move on to a new adapter. What you did sounds really interesting to me. I've asked Queyen via email a few times about getting a new GG from him but have never heard back... anyone else out there been able to do this?
Jeremy Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2007, 04:08 AM   #17
Regular Crew

i asked him as well, he told me to send pictures of my motor, after that he never wrote back
XiaoSu Han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 04:14 AM   #18
Trustee

Ettore Giraldi used nivea cream on his adapter (http://dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=64232) and managed to come up with some of the best 35mm footage I've ever seen (IMPO). I don't know exactly what was the process though. If these results could be achieved with the letus35 it would be a dream come true.
Rafael Lopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2007, 02:33 PM   #19
Major Player

Good point Raphael... does anyone know how best to apply it to the GG? Doesnt look like any of his footage is still live. Also, is the GG cleanable?
Jeremy Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 12:12 PM   #20
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasz Ostrowski View Post
Ben, I used nivea creme on my own risk. I put it on GG (matte side).
My notes:
more light, clean picture (even in high speed shutter 1/120-1/250) and the same DOF.
Its only my personal opinion and i'm not recommend to anybody to do it yourself.
Regards
This is what I mean by more diffusion:
http://www.richard-darge.com/CF1_3.mov

Watch how the CF-3 diffuser (more diffusion) has SHALLOWER DOF even though the lens is set at the same f-stop.

Nivea creme decreases diffusion and thus decreases effective DOF. It's a simple fact, if you're getting less lightloss you're getting less diffusion, and thus deeper DOF, and thus a less effective adapter.
Old May 24th, 2007, 12:26 PM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Winter View Post
Nivea creme decreases diffusion and thus decreases effective DOF. It's a simple fact, if you're getting less lightloss you're getting less diffusion, and thus deeper DOF, and thus a less effective adapter.
Actually, I like the sounds of that. I've been trying to deepen my DOF slightly with the Letus, the problem is I cant stop down hardly at all without losing too much light and getting nailed with major GG grain.
Jeremy Hughes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods