DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   Coming soon... The 35mm Adapter resource (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/95554-coming-soon-35mm-adapter-resource.html)

Dylan Couper June 1st, 2007 09:43 AM

Coming soon... The 35mm Adapter resource

Just to let everyone know, we're in the process of putting together a resource on 35mm adapters. These are currently on the list:

Apefos............ www.apefos.com
Brevis35.......... www.cinevate.com
Go-35............. www.go-35.com
i-35HD............ www.jetsetmodels.info
Letus35........... www.letus35.com
Mini35............. www.pstechnik.de
M2................. www.redrockmicro.com
SGPro............. www.sgpro.co.uk

If anyone has any others to add that I'm missing, please post their websites here. I know there are a few. Thanks!

Rich Hibner June 1st, 2007 10:02 AM

http://www.indie35.com/
www.cinemek.com

Rich Hibner June 1st, 2007 10:05 AM

www.redrockmicro.com

Dylan Couper June 1st, 2007 11:13 AM

Got Redrock, but thanks for the other two!

Noah Yuan-Vogel June 1st, 2007 12:55 PM

www.movietube.com

Dylan Couper June 1st, 2007 01:18 PM

Thanks. Wow, didn't think there was any more expensive than the mini35!

Dylan Couper June 4th, 2007 05:04 PM

Categories for this comparison will include:
Country of origin
Basic price
Kit price
Threading sizes
Magnification factor
Image flip
Weight
Light loss
Movement type
Website
Optional mounts.

Anything else anyone wants to see in it?

Zac Crosby June 5th, 2007 01:02 PM

Expert Opinons, user opinions, ease of use?

Jon Wolding June 6th, 2007 09:03 AM

Upgradability
Power/Charging options
Grabs from footage of color/focus charts

Image Quality:
- Bokeh/Specular Highlights
- Grain
- Blooming

-----------------

It'd be great to have a comprehensive shootout w/ all the adapters w/ the same lenses.

Dylan Couper June 6th, 2007 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Wolding (Post 692750)
It'd be great to have a comprehensive shootout w/ all the adapters w/ the same lenses.

And if every company sent me their adapter and a big bag of money... I'd do it. :)

In the meantime, it's going to be mostly hard figures as supplied by the manufacturers. Going to keep it mostly just stats, as it isn't fair to go the subjective route unless all adapters can be tested fairly, in similar situations.

Bob Hart June 6th, 2007 09:21 AM

Suitability as a studio rig.
Suitability for agile portable work.
Robustness and stability of fit-up to camera.

David Garvin June 6th, 2007 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper (Post 692763)
it's going to be mostly hard figures as supplied by the manufacturers. Going to keep it mostly just stats, as it isn't fair to go the subjective route unless all adapters can be tested fairly, in similar situations.

Not that you need my support, but I think that's the way to go. Make it an informational resource.

If people want to post pics/footage for each adapter, I think that would be great, but having you give some kind of quality ratings for bokeh seems a bit much.

Jon Wolding June 6th, 2007 03:15 PM

If I could get my hands on every adapter out there without having to purchase them, I'd do a shootout for free. Maybe we could pool our resources and meet up somewhere to do this. Use the same camera (either the HD100 or HVX200) and the same set of lenses (Nikon mount is probably supported by all adapters).

Zac Crosby June 6th, 2007 06:09 PM

But also, you don't want to just show it all with one cam... or what i mean, have 1 test be with an HD top of the line (HVX, HDY) then go down the list (DVX) then maybe low end 3chips (GS180) then cheaper and cheaper

Jon Wolding June 6th, 2007 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zac Crosby (Post 693023)
But also, you don't want to just show it all with one cam... or what i mean, have 1 test be with an HD top of the line (HVX, HDY) then go down the list (DVX) then maybe low end 3chips (GS180) then cheaper and cheaper

Nope... just a good HD cam. If it works for HD, it'll work about the same for SD.