FD Lens Attchment and Iris Engagement at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old June 14th, 2007, 07:21 AM   #1
Tourist

FD Lens Attchment and Iris Engagement

I just received the adapter, looks very nice! I have a couple of questions though, maybe someone on the forum has some ideas. When attaching the FD lenses, there are 3 interlocking sections that fit together, one of the sections has a notch drilled out to match a pin/screw on the lens. On some of my FD lenses there is another very small pin that doesnt have a corresponding notch in the adapter mount and I am unable to attach the lens, is there a trick in getting these lenses to attach? Also, on the lenses, there is a mechanical lever that gets pulled over to initialize the aperture when attached to an actual camera, is there a way to force this lever into position when attached to the adapter mount?

Thanks for any ideas.
Eric Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 09:52 AM   #2
Inner Circle

That second little "notch" is related to the aperture and some sort of setting of a sensor in the camera I think.

Move the aperture ring through its settings while aplying a little prressure to the pin and see if there is any point at which this little pin will push in. Dont force it as it goes in quite freely.

Once the little thin pin goes in, it will stay there, then your lens should attach okay.

The little lever is usually held in place against the spring by some sort of wedge or plug in the slot it moves in.

A Canon lens user is a better person to listen to than me.

Last edited by Bob Hart; June 14th, 2007 at 09:55 AM. Reason: error
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2007, 03:54 PM   #3
Tourist

Hi Bob,

Your idea worked perfectly! Thanks for the advice.

Eric
Eric Bates is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods