Homemade camera at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old June 26th, 2007, 08:54 AM   #1
New Boot

Homemade camera

I found a really nice blog where it is explained how to build your own video camera. The guy used a CCD security camera and SLR lenses for the camera part and a digital8 recorder for the recording part. I think the frame and the camera look quite impressive. There isn't much detail about the picture quality but with a nicer camera and a better recorder I think a better qualty can be achieved. I don't really know too much about the electronic shutter but just take a look!
Also there may be some issues of magnifiying the image.

http://www.c-h-a-o-s.com/2007/06/12/...d-a-camcorder/

thanks.

o.
Orkan Bayram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 05:01 PM   #2
Major Player

Well, actually the quality doesn't look better than any consumer camera to me. It's probably better but you can't really see it in the clip. He spent $700 on the whole system including the recorder so I guess he wasn't looking for top professional video quality.

He's using a CCD camera, so rolling shutter is not a problem. He's also mounting a 35mm zoom lens directly to the camera mount without a DOF adapter. That's like having the camera in telephoto mode all the time.
Jose A. Garcia is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods