Brevis Adapter - Cannot Detach Nikon Lens at

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old July 14th, 2007, 10:46 AM   #1
Regular Crew
Brevis Adapter - Cannot Detach Nikon Lens

I just recently received my Brevis with both an EOS and a Nikon mount. I have a f/2.5 100mm and a f/1.4 50mm lens - each with the silver ring.

When attaching either of my Nikon lenses and tightening them to the thread on the Brevis mount, I sometimes hear the "click" once the lens is secured on the mount. When I attempt to detach the lens, I cannot get the lens off (easily). Sometimes wiggling the lens and Brevis mount in opposite directions wil work, but currently it isn't. I assume that on the original camera lens, there is a button dedicated to releasing the lens, but of course there is none on the Brevis (Note: with the SLR "EF" EOS lenses, this is not an issue).

My questions:
How can I detach the lens once the lens is mounted to the point at which it "clicks?" Is there a quick way?

Is there a systemic way of mounting nikon lenses to ensure there is no difficulty? (if I begin mounting 180 deg opposite the way when it clicks, i don't recall there being a problem).

Once this is taken care of, I will have much more confidence in the speed with which I can detach and attach lenses. I've attempted to find guidance on this issue on multiple forums; however I have yet to find anything specific to the Brevis and am hopeful someone can help!

Thanks so much,

__________________ Canon T2i f2.8 17-55, f1.4 50mm, Cool Lights LEDs
Brandon Paschal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2007, 12:18 PM   #2
Major Player
On the Brevis nikon mount there is a small lever, move the lever and turn your lens clock wise to relase the lens.
David Chia is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods