View Full Version : Apple tutorials available for download?

Mathieu Ghekiere
August 24th, 2007, 04:14 AM
I went to the offical FCP website on the Apple website, and they have some great tutorials for Final Cut Studio 2. Are they also available for downloading to your computer?

Thanks,

David Knaggs
August 25th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Hi Mathieu.

I hope I've understood your question correctly (my apologies if I haven't).

To download and save any of the short Quicktime movies which appear on the screen of the FCS 2 tour on the Apple website, just Control-Click over the movie itself (once the movie is completely loaded into your browser) and a little menu should pop up with "Save as Quicktime Movie", which you should then select. Although I'm not sure what the equivalent steps would be on a pc, as I only use a Mac.

Also, Apple ships an instructional DVD with every copy of FCS 2. This DVD goes over the new interfaces and workflows for a lot of the new features (e.g. it shows specifically how to use the new Compressor to encode for the web and encode DVD assets). If you're after more in-depth info at this point, perhaps you might know someone with FCS 2 who could show it to you.

Mathieu Ghekiere
August 25th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Hi Mathieu.

I hope I've understood your question correctly (my apologies if I haven't).

To download and save any of the short Quicktime movies which appear on the screen of the FCS 2 tour on the Apple website, just Control-Click over the movie itself (once the movie is completely loaded into your browser) and a little menu should pop up with "Save as Quicktime Movie", which you should then select. Although I'm not sure what the equivalent steps would be on a pc, as I only use a Mac.

Also, Apple ships an instructional DVD with every copy of FCS 2. This DVD goes over the new interfaces and workflows for a lot of the new features (e.g. it shows specifically how to use the new Compressor to encode for the web and encode DVD assets). If you're after more in-depth info at this point, perhaps you might know someone with FCS 2 who could show it to you.

Hi David,

thanks for the tips!
It seems that that function on PC is only available if you have bought Quicktime Pro (which I don't have), but knowing that Apple ships an instructional dvd with every copy of FCS2 is very good to know! Thanks!

Charles Gerungan
August 25th, 2007, 06:32 PM
It seems that that function on PC is only available if you have bought Quicktime Pro (which I don't have), […]

QuickTime will be upgraded to the Pro version when you install FCS2.

Mathieu Ghekiere
August 26th, 2007, 12:29 AM
QuickTime will be upgraded to the Pro version when you install FCS2.

Thanks. Now I only have to get a Mac and FCS2 :-D