View Full Version : FCP 6 won't start up

Elmer Lang
October 21st, 2007, 06:32 PM
I'm having trouble getting FCP 6 to start up. It crashed a couple times in the last couple days when I opened old movies from archive.org and now when I click on the icon the Browser and Viewer windows show up but are completely gray and it stalls there. A couple times it has gotten to 'reading project' but stalls. I tried FCP6 Rescue but not much help.

Help!

FCS6, MB Pro 2.33

BTW, is there any little cleanup procedure?

BTW 2, It's impossible to read the list in Preferences cause of the "..." except by clicking on each individually. Any other way?

Kevin Randolph
October 22nd, 2007, 04:52 PM
I had a similar problem with another program. I ended up trashing the plist for it and all was good afterwards. On my system it's:

Macintosh HD: Users: Your user account: Library: Preferences: ****

the **** would be the plist for FCP6 - probably com.apple.finalcutpro.plist. Take that file and drag it to your desktop. Don't delete it just yet. Then try and start FCP again, if it works go ahead and delete the file, if not put the file back where you got it.

I know this has been discussed around here before. I don't have the thread handy, but there should be more info about this procedure if you do a search.

Hope this helps...

Kevin