View Full Version : Video card in Macbook Pro 15"

Mathieu Ghekiere
October 25th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Hi,

if I follow the specs on the Apple website, the video card in a Macbook Pro 15" won't be good enough to run Color.
1. Is this correct?
2. If so, can you replace the video card in a Macbook Pro?

Thank you in advance,

Dino Leone
October 25th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Hi,

if I follow the specs on the Apple website, the video card in a Macbook Pro 15" won't be good enough to run Color.
1. Is this correct?

Yes, you're reading this correctly. But whether Color actually runs on a 15" MBP is a different matter. Other parts of FCS also run on lesser hardware than Apple's minimum requirements. There's quite a few people here who have a 15" - they should be able to tell you.

2. If so, can you replace the video card in a Macbook Pro?

No, that's not possible.

Mathieu Ghekiere
October 25th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Thanks Dino, for your reply.

Well, then my question becomes:
if there is someone with a Macbook Pro 15", working with FCS 2, that could elaborate if Color works or not?

Nate Benson
October 25th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Mathieu,
I'm running a 15'' MacBook Pro with FCS2 installed.
Color works fine for me. I haven't used it a lot, mainly just goofing around with it. But I did render something from Color and sent it back to FCP and it worked just fine. Hope that helped.

Daniel Ross
October 25th, 2007, 10:48 PM
My understanding, and also based on a number of discussions you can search for on the board, is that the macbook PRO series is just fine for the whole suite, and apple can confirm this. The macbooks (13" and less) are NOT meant to support FCS, but will support most of it-- just not motion or color, and they miss a few features (mostly filters) in FCP, meaning it's about equivalent to running FCE, plus having DVDSP, STP, etc.

Mathieu Ghekiere
October 26th, 2007, 02:43 AM
Thank you for all the replies, they really helped!