View Full Version : Missing After Effects Plugin

Brian Critchlow
October 26th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Hey all,
I took over an editing project from another editor and when I open the file it says I a missing the after effects plugin 'Camera Flash' I don't really care about the plugin and I just want to remove it and/or ignore it. Unfortunately when i try to render or export I get this error and it prevents me from going any further. How do I remove this stupid effect and get on with my life?

Robert Lane
October 26th, 2007, 07:16 PM
The project was obviously built with that plug-in and your system doesn't have it. You'll either have to A) Install the plug-in so you can work the project or, B) have the editor save a different version of the project minus that plug-in/effect.

Tom Vandas
October 27th, 2007, 04:46 AM
Hi Brian,

I always get this when I buy a new machine and move old projects over for updating or rerendering.

You should be able to simply remove the instances of that plugin from the clips it is applied to. Camera Flash doesn't sound like something you would use all the way through, so it's probably only in 1 or 2 locations.

Once it's gone, the warning goes too.

Todd Kopriva
October 27th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Paul Tuersley has a script here that allows you to search compositions for effects and turn them on or off: http://aenhancers.com/viewtopic.php?t=31

This should make the task of finding and removing instances of the missing effect a little easier (quite a lot easier if the project is complex, with many layer and compositions to search through).