View Full Version : A question for experience editor

Josh Woll
October 29th, 2007, 01:00 PM
I'm starting a project that will be integrating HD footage with SD footage and now I see Final Cut Pro 6 (which we will be using) can edit both and any kind of aspect ratio on the same timeline.

I want to make things easy and keep things simple by shooting on one format (720p24) for the HD camera and then the same for the standard def cam (460p24). Will this be an issue when it comes down to finalizing the sequence to be put on a DVD?

All of these different formats begins to confuse a person on how or what they should do.

Will compressor do the job of making all these different types of aspect ratios (1080i, 720, 460) and convert the file into a format that will work on both SD and HD televisions?

Thanks for any information you can provide in this matter.

Best,

Josh Woll

Eric Dyer
October 30th, 2007, 10:39 PM
You can mix aspect ratios, frame rates, resolutions and even NTSC and PAL video in the same timeline. If you're going to output in HD, then you should work in a DVC PRO HD 1280x720 24 frame timeline. All standard frame rates are supported for mixing, 24,25, 30, 50i and 60. Use compressor to output your HD Mpeg format as well as your SD 16x9 format. There is an option for letterbox in DVD Studio Pro, so when watched on a 4:3 television, it will be letter-boxed.

*e

Josh Woll
November 1st, 2007, 05:19 PM
Thanks Eric!